Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Hello There! :D

Hello Everyone!

I'm a new complementary therapist who is in the process of turning homemade hobbies (mostly cards, but also aromatherapy potions and lotions) into a business too!

I am on a VERY steep learning curve as I am about to do a music festival offering massage as well as homemade goodies.

Any advice on anything at all would be really really truly truly gratefully accepted!

Lots of love

Nicky
    x
    You don\'t have to dream it all, just live a day.....

Wow, I reckon you will get alot of work at a music festival, music people like to be relaxed.

Maybe you could do a promotion where you do a massage then give a card away for free.Make sure they have your contact details on them so through word of mouth people will go to you for massage or your homemade goodies.

Maybe have some of the oils burning while people wait for a massage, also have tester bottles available so people can have a sniff, like in the Body Shop.

Have as many cards on display in a well lit area, have them in themes, birthday,anniversary etc so thy are easy to find and display th price were it is easily seen.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Hi Nicky,
      I don't really have any advice for you, as I'm not a business person, but I did want to say welcome to the boards. What you are doing sounds really interesting

Love
      Sue
      xxxxxxxx
      http://postpals.co.uk/banners/microb...ment150x42.gif
      Please take a moment to visit this EXCELLENT site

Comment

Welcome to the boards and have fun at the music festival!!

Julie
        If you are not near enough to visit then check out my online store!!

www.scrapbookingcastle.co.uk

Happy crafting

Comment

Welcome aboard, Nicky!

Steve
          CraftBoard

Comment

a big hi!!

hello there! my name is lisa and id like to introduce myself, im a mum of 3 and currently studying for my aromatherapy massage nvq level3, which is brilliant! in my spare time im trying my hand at cardmaking, with various levels of success! so this site has been excellent for tips, till next time tc [/b]
            HI, IM LISA,THIS SITE IS A GREAT IDEA! I,V READ SOME REALLY USEFUL IDEAS!

Comment

hi Nicky

I think the best advise I can give you to enjoy yourself, engage in conversation with people as they looking at your stall dont wait for them to ask about your items, tell them about your products and offer a massage to them Are you charging for the massage if so maybe give a discount on your products if they have paid for a massage.

the first few fairs i did I was so nervous about how I was going to do i just stood there frightened to say anything to anyone and I did terrible then I decided if I was going to make this work I had to make it work, now I always say hello to everyone who comes to my stall, I amke polite conversation telling them about how the products are all handmade, then if they are interested I go on to tell them a little of the work that goes into making the items. I encourage people to pick up and smell my candles and I always have a stock of little freebies under my table to give good customers its make them feel really special and they will remember you. Non of my freebies cost very much mostly little votive candles or left over wax made into wax melts.

Blimey this has turned into war and peace, anyway good luck when is your festival. If you would like anymore of my useful peaces of information!!!! feel free to post me or mail me off line

Good Luck

deb :P
              Deb
              Karisma Kandles
              www.karismakandles.co.uk

Comment

Welcome aboard, Lisa!

Steve
                CraftBoard

Comment

Working...
                X