Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I'm not new.

Hello, I am James and I am saying hello so that everyone knows who I am
    I run a collection of websites and amongst other things am currently working on setting up a furniture making craft type shop business thingy, (or rather getting someone else to do it for me). Only problem being - I left it late in the year and it's way too cold to stay motivated, it may go on the back burner until the Spring.

I have a lot of friends who run little cottage industries making amongst other things jewellery, cakes and ornaments. I also have guided several businesses in areas as bizarre as plaster of paris figurines and balloon printing. I have had my own shop in a busy High Street in the past and managed several restaurants in my time. In recent years I discovered that I enjoyed making websites, promoting them and getting them to the top of the search engines. I like to see the little guys get to the top every now and then - or as close as possible.

My websites range from business directories, recipes sites, jokes, information, forums and blogs. I make a living from it and it's very rewarding. I also build sites for other people and get their websites to the top of the search engines (where posssible) I offer free business advertising on one of my sites and that also give me an incentive to be in an environment where people know that every little helps.

Ooops, I forgot to mention - I also purchase a lot of nik naks which I can subsequently resell - at a profit of course.

well that's me for the moment, I hope that wasn't too heavy to read

regards
    James.
    Doing nothing is harder than it looks!
    Free Classifieds

Reading your introduction in the light of a new member, I fail to see why you feel you could contribute to a craft forum. You clearly state you don't actually do anything craft related your self - 'am currently working on setting up a furniture making craft type shop business thingy, (or rather getting someone else to do it for me). '
    As far as I can see, your only contribution is to advertise your services to crafters on this forum. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but historically, this has been construed as spam.................I have banned people for doing exactly the same as you are doing. I realise you think your position as 'top supporter' allows you to do this, but in fairness to all the other people who have tried to advertise non crafts related services, why are you any different? If you think this comes under your 'snide remarks' jibe at me, fine, but I am a moderator on this forum, and as such must be seen to be doing my job. Unlike you, I have never made this into a personal attack online - I just don't tolerate spam, if you feel you can contribute anything about your handmade crafts I look forward to welcoming you.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome,
      Doing nothing is harder than it looks!
      Free Classifieds

Comment

Working...
      X