Hi everyone from the Old Scroller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone from the Old Scroller

I found the forum tonight although I am a member of forums spe******ing in Scroll Sawing, which is my main interest. I was a hobby woodturner until the middle of last year when old age and arthritis caught up with me so now I have to sit to do anything. I'm really happy to have a hobby working with wood, that I can cope with, and it's good to chat to people with similar interests. I hope there are other scroll saw enthusiasts on the site and look forward to hear from you.
    Roy

Hi Roy and welcome. We have quite a few wood turners here so you are going to be in good company and I am sure one of them at least will be on to welcome you before the evening is out
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

hello Roy me old scroller, welcome to the forum
      Tutor in PMC Silver Clay in the West Midlands
      Facebook:
      https://www.facebook.com/MetalClayTutor
      http://www.artclayjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Hi Roy and welcome. I am one of the woodturners Sue mentioned. I love scroll saw work though I am useless at it myself so look forward to seeing some of your work.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Hi Roy,
          I too am new here and dabble in turning. Good to have another 'wood' person here.

Nick

Comment

Welcome to the forum Roy!
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hi Roy and to the Crafts Forum. Quite a few Woodie people to chat to and the rest of us are quite friendly as well you know LOL

Look forward to seeing some of your work.

Mo.xx
              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
              www.bodrighy.co.uk
              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Ooops, I thought it was someone who made scrolls...did calligraphy or something! =S

Welcome anyway! Have fun!!

Comment

Hiya, I'm a metal basher and woody scaredy cat but I have a scroll saw and the woody peeps on here have helped me with my problems. I have stopped cursing my broken blades and am coming up with more and more thing to 'scroll' out. Have you been to the scroll saw museum in erm....I think it's Dereham? As my friendly neighbourhood wood turner was curator at the time I got a personalised tour. It was amazing!

Comment

Hi Roy and to the forum, I love working with wood too and would love a scroll saw, can't wait to see some of your pieces.

Jo xx
                    Things to make and do
                    Things to make and do's Facebook page
                    Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Working...
                    X