Bobbie Matthews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbie Matthews

Hi just joined today- so I am hoping someone can help me. I am a crafter of all sorts , but I have a project at the moment that is causing me grief !!
    I am making bracelets from strips of leather and I want to know how to fasten several cords together and then put a fasteners on it, any one any brainwaves ?

Hi Bobbie and welcome to the forum!
    you could possibly use a bell cap on each end (you push the ends of your cord into it and maybe a little glue) then you can attach a clasp to that!
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/YouLoveItYouDo
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/youloveityoudo
    Blog: http://youloveityoudo.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Hi Bobbie, and welcome to the forum.

Can you give a bit more information about the leather? Is it flat or round, what width/diameter is it (approx) and how many strips need to be joined together?
      Celia
      I can't be creative and tidy too
      www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
      The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
      Jencel on Facebook

Comment

welcome to the forum bobbie
        Find our recycled, saved from landfill range of feathers on etsy All Things Feathery
        Items added Weekly

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Jo xx
          Things to make and do
          Things to make and do's Facebook page
          Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Hi Bobby,
            tricks I've used:
            make the start a loop and use the ends to thread through it to tie the wrist band on,
            work the begining and ends into points and attach a metal jewellery roundy catch or a hook - that invoves threading the ends back on themselves,
            probably what you really want is a spirally looking ending that crimps your ends together and have fastenings on their ends.

For ideas, google bead or jewellery supplies, then search for findings, then sift through them. Different solutions should pop up.

Comment

Hi Celia
              Thanks for your reply.
              The cord is round 2mm wide and I would like to join about 6 or more and put on a fastener to make it look properly finished.
              I have looked at the type of end caps that I already use for kumohimo but not sure how secure it would be - any suggestions appreciated !

Comment

That's going to be quite a thick ending, Bobbie. I haven't come across anything made for leather as big as that. I think do a search among findings suppliers. It may take a while, but you may see something that would do. Failing that, you may have to do, say, 3 ends with 2 bits of leather in each and somehow join them together. It might help to search for bola findings as they are used with leather, and there may be other stuff available from companies who supply those.
                Celia
                I can't be creative and tidy too
                www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
                The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
                Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                X