Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the WI

Hello everyone,

My name is Ann and since joining the WI a couple of years ago I have taken a keen interest in crafts: we have demonstrations and speakers each month.

I went on to start up a brand new WI in Fillongley, Warwickshire and we have created a great programme of crafty events for our ladies including knitting and crochet classes.

In the Autumn I organised a village craft fayre and attracted some wonderful people: we had products ranging from toys to food, to hand made wooden gifts, to hand decorated mirrors. I just wanted to say hello and learn about some more of the crafty events around the area.

Regards

Ann
    fillongleycrafts.com

Hi Ann welcome. a good place to look for events is on www.stallfinder.com it's a free site so wont cost you anything to search. do put some pics of what the good ladies in your WI make...
    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Thank you: I have collated a load of pictures so will take the time to get them uploaded soon. Mum of a 5 year old, WI President and craft fayre organiser means I'm usually shattered by 9pm

There is some great talent about and I'm keen to promote crafters in any way I can.

Comment

Welcome to the forum (from someone just up the road in Coventry!).
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hi Ann and to the CraftsForum. Lots of friendly, helpful and talented people on here to chat to. Look forward to seeing some of your work shortly.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Ahh hello local indri x

I think there's a craft revolution going on!! Just made some funky little signs to go up around Fillongley tomorrow *I hope they are waterproof*

Comment

Are we expecting rain this week? You can always hope also that there will be no rain to test the waterproofness of the signs!
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                Hi Ann and to the CraftsForum. Lots of friendly, helpful and talented people on here to chat to. Look forward to seeing some of your work shortly.

Mo.XX
                Thank you Mo x

Comment

The main signs are fine I know that they are very waterproof as I made them with a resin material, but I just made some little Christmas trees to customise them. I'm a bit worried about the pens I used.
                  Time will tell.
                  If you hear that Fillongley streets are running in unidentified black streaks you will know who is behind it!!

Comment

Away to bed now as another busy day tomorrow of cutting and sticking: thanks everyone for the warm welcome x

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. Been toying with joining a WI myself as there are several near me, just not got round to it yet. Look forward to seeing your ladies creations.
                      http://www.scrumptioustextiles.blogspot.com

Comment

I think Wi's are great. I'm on the speaker register for them round the East Riding and always have a great time demonstrating or running a craft class.
                        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Without going off topic: yes the WI is brilliant for promoting and teaching crafts.
                          I was always fairly arty and handy but to see demonstrations I wouldn't normally have been exposed to is just a joy to be part of.
                          We are a younger style group, although I'm in my 40's we have members of 20 through to 70 and they all seem to enjoy the demonstrations most of all.

Also when it was my son's recent birthday party I set out glue and stick on shapes/pens/paints on the tables and the kids all decorated their own party bags (just cheap, plain brown bags) it was great fun and all the parents thought it was a lovely and different approach.

I may never set the World alight with my own hand made items but I love crafting *covered in glue and glitter as I type*

Ann

Comment

Working...
                          X