Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from sleepy Norfolk!!

Hello everyone!

My name is Jules, I’m 36 and I live by the sea in Norfolk with my brand new hubby, Martin. I have had M.E. since I was 17 and managed a career in recruitment until about 8 years ago, when I had a serious relapse. About 3 years ago Martin converted our spare room into a craft room for me as I had been dabbling with crafty bits as my health gradually improved. Despite people telling me they liked the gifts I made them, I could never be sure that they weren't just being very polite!

When Martin proposed, I was adamant that I would make everything myself and the craft room became Wedding HQ! I made all our stationery, favour bags, wine glass charms, napkin rings, bridesmaids jewellery and even my Mum’s jewellery. I learned new crafts and thoroughly enjoyed myself and it was so nice to feel good at something again. The feedback I got from guests, the venue owners and even the photographer finally convinced me that maybe I could make it into something more than a hobby. So, I am now having a think about what kind of things I could make, costs, and websites etc – eeek!!

Martin works at sea for weeks, sometimes months at a time and so I thought I would look for some craft groups to join in my area. Unfortunately I can’t seem to find any and so I was really pleased to stumble across this forum. I am looking forward to having a look through the online groups and finding some crafty friends.

My favourite crafts are beaded jewellery making (I would like to learn to make polymer clay beads) and making handbags, but I enjoy having a go at just about anything!

Well, that’s me in a nutshell really! I look forward to getting to know you all.

Jules xxx

Hi Jules

to the forum. It is wonderful to hear how crafting has helped you through a difficult time with your ME and your wedding sounds great with all your work on show! It is really addictive on here but there are lots of great people to chat to and discuss your crafty passions with.
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Hi Jules,

Welcome to the forum from me. I bet your wedding was fabulous and you were so in control of everything, look forward to chatting in the future and seeing your work.
      Cheryl

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Befascinated/118463183977

Comment

Hello Jules and welcome to the forum. How lovely to live by the sea! I could sit on a beach for hours just watching the waves come in.

If you are passionate about what you do, and would like to make a business of it, then just 'go for it' - or spend many years regretting not trying.

How do you climb a mountain? One step at a time.

Starting a small business seems daunting, but it's just like climbing a mountain - break every task down into baby steps and you'll be fine.
        Annie and Lyn
        www.rosiepink.typepad.co.uk

Comment

Hello Jules and welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to seeing some of your crafty creations.

Jo xx
          Things to make and do
          Things to make and do's Facebook page
          Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Welcome to the forum
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Wise words above. Go for it. Good luck.
              Visit my blog and I'll visit yours!
              http://secret-sheep.blogspot.com/

My Chicken cam:
              http://secret-sheep.blogspot.com/201...icken-cam.html

Comment

Hi and wave from Norfolk. Yes we aren't very well off for craft groups in our area but luckily I have a textile group near me. Hope you enjoy the forums.
                http://www.scrumptioustextiles.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Thanks also for the words of encouragement about starting up on my own, I will definitely take it one step at a time and be sure to enjoy the journey.

Comment

hi there
                    i m in norwich and when i got married a few years ago i was really inspired by a girl called kirstie (cant remember her last name) but she has a business called aurora designs - google it she s based in norwich. she makes all wedding beaded jewellery, tiaras hari clips, pieces etc. works from home too. they had a room set out for clients to sit and try ll the stuff. then when you d chosen she d make it for you especially. she was charging a good amount and seemed really happy doing it. good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X