york craft fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• york craft fair

Hi there. This is my first post on this forum and I would love some advice info as me and my husband are hoping to do our first craft fair soon. We are hoping to book a table with Yorkshire Fairs, at St Williams College. This will be the christmas fair in November. Does anyone have any experience at this venue? Where is the best place to park for the day? Is this fair busy?

Any tips / advice on setting up our first stall would be great!!!!

With many many thanks in advance!!

Deb
    parlour furniture

Monks bar car park would be your best bet. it's on tuther side of the wall, but only about 5 mins walk past some pretty shops. St williams is right by the minster so should catch all the tourists.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

take plenty of business cards to hand out. dont forget your float.
      I've not done one there and dont know who is running Yorkshire Fairs these days as I think the original organiser has given it up so cant say how it may go. The college is the better site in the town, like Karen says right next to the minster, hope you do well.
      Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

thanks - another question

Thanks so much for your replies. That's really helpful. If anyone can tell me the best craft fairs to do in the north that would be great too! I'm looking for fairs where the products are new, rather than a mix of new and vintage. Thanks!

Comment

you can try www.made-it.co.uk depends on what you class as up north and how far you want to go. try searching www.stallfinder.com or www.ukcraftfairs.com it's mostly a case of doing your research and visiting the fairs and speaking to the organisers / stall holders etc to make up your own mind. lots of leg work involved. I do know that the girls from Made-it have a fair at Harrogate on the 19th November at The Wesley Chapel if you can make it, do come and say hi, cos I'll be there.
          Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

thanks so much Lilac Moon! Yeh if we go to Harrogate I will definately say hello

Comment

Working...
            X