Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign it! Upholstery is new here...

Hello there,
    I stumbled across this website in search for some craft fairs to show our items... We're a little bit different here:-
    Sign it! Upholstery was created to provide employment opportunities for profoundly deaf and hard of hearing ladies!

Sign it! Upholstery was started 10th April 2010 under the guidance of a volunteer who was an upholsterer working for Sunseeker and spe******ing in interior upholstery. The girls are continually supported by Cas Jones, Communication Support Worker; and Julie Eaton supporting teacher.

They started with a footstool made in the traditional style using tacks and hammers. They produced very high quality stools with solid wood Queen Anne style legs polished with bees wax. An important part to this project is recycling – be it reusing old stool legs and using scrap materials. We rely on Sunseeker donating their scraps, off-cuts, end of rolls and scrap foam to keep our project going.

We are still going strong now... we make handbags, cushions, bean bags etc for craft fairs. But also upholster chairs, stool, even wheelchairs!

We are very community based and thrive on volunteering our services for some good causes

For more info, please have a look at our website

Hi there and welcome! Hope you can find some fairs under the UK Craft Fairs section!

Comment

Hello &

Sounds like you are doing some wonderful work with the deaf and hearing impared community. www.stallfinder.com is a good place for locating fairs in your area.

Good luck with your fairs & I look forward to reading more about your work.
      Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
      Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
      Follow me on Twitter:
      @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Welcome to the fotum
        Bert.

Website
        Facebook
        http://myadventureswithglass.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

to the Crafts Forum Sign.it. Sounds like a fantastic project you have going there and I hope it goes from strength to strength.

If you create a signature you can add your website to it so we can all easily see what you all make.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Working...
          X