I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new

Hi all, I have joined this forum and hope to get some help. I am new to crocheting and my daughter would like me to make a blanket for my grandson who is 15 months old. Is this something I could do and where would I find free patterns (in case I mess up time and time again)
    Confidence is my moto!

Good to see you here. There are lots of tutorials on U Tube and also free patterns available on the nett. I am sure someone will be along shortly with some useful links for you. You will enjoy doing it especially for a grandchild. Look forward to chatting.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi,welcome to the forum. I can't help much with crocheting I'm afraid but I'm sure they'll be someone who can. If all else fail you tube is a fab resource.

Good luck and what a lovely gift it'll be when it's finished x
      Luby

Beadelicious
      Be Bold - Be Beautiful - Beadelicious
      Give us a shout - [email protected]

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I have got a few free knitting patterns from the patons website. They are rated from beginners level and they do crochet ones as well. You have to register with the site first to get to them. There are loads of other places you can look just do a google search.
        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

A very warm welcome from me!
          Love,
          Bianca

www.madabouthandmade.co.uk
          Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MadAboutHandmade

Comment

A granny square blanket would probably be the easiest to crochet. If you don't want lots of sewing up and threading ends in it is better to make one big square like this http://www.instructables.com/id/Larg...-Baby-Blanket/ rather than small squares joined together. You can either choose three or four colours or make it multi-coloured. They look really nice if you use a white or cream between the colours to separate them. Say, three rows blue, one white, three green, one white, three pink etc.
            You will need lots more of the outside colours though as it gets bigger.
            Melanie

Comment

Working...
            X