Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi another newbie here

Hi my name is Jo

I have in the last 13 weeks come back to crafting after 5 years away. I used to make cards but after recently having my 3rd child (a girl after 2 boys) I decided to try my had a sewing, to fill my days. My initial inspiration was that every little girl should have a ragdoll but so far have yet to make one lol. I have so far made bags, table runners, tea towels, tummy time mat and taggies, so quite a way from that little ragdoll lol.

I have accumulted quite a bit of sewed items now and am looking for ways to offload and make a little money (other then ebay) so I can cover my costs and was wondering if you lovely people could point me in the right direction. Do I have to have public liability insurence and also to sell sewed toys do I have to have them safety tested (and not just by my rather brutal 4 year old lol).

Please help this complete novice and newbie.

p.s excuse spellings

Welcome to the forum!! I have no idea if there are any regs on selling soft toys. Hopefully someone will help, you can always post your question on the appropriate section of the forum - either textile crafts or knitting, or even just general.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hi Jo

to the forum.
      Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
      Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
      Follow me on Twitter:
      @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Newbie - Hi there

Hello Jo,

Strictly speaking there is no legal obligation to have any kind of insurance in place unless you employ anyone (employers liability) As you are selling items it you would be wise for you to consider product liability. This is often combined with public liability which covers you if you attend trade shows and your stall collapses on someone's foot.

If you have any queries or questions regarding business insurance please feel free to get in touch through this thread.

Kind Regards

Tim

Comment

Working...
        X