Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, new to the forum and already have a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new to the forum and already have a question.

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask but here goes.

I'm in the process of building a 1:14 scale trailer for an articulated lorry combination and need some help with the suspension.

I want to be able to make a solid rubber cylinder that will sit between the chassis rail and the axle to simulate the black rubber suspension bags that you normally see on the axles of most modern trucks and trailers.

It would be approx 18mm in diameter and 35mm in length, coloured matt black and be what I would call 'quite squashable' to simulate a springing effect but also still retain some strenght and durability.

The plan is to make a mould, first out of wood, then use this to make a two part hollow mould from plaster or whatever you make them from.

I'm sure it's easy enough to make a two part mould, plenty of resource on the net, but what I am struggling with is to find out what material I would use to make the solid item from.

I can gather that it's going to be a latex or silicon based material, but it's going to be poured into the mould and would therefore need to set oin the 18mm x 35mm shape.

I'm a total novice at this so any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Working...
X