Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Barnsley Here

Hi everyone!

I have just come across this site whilst browsing the net and just wanted to say hi!

I am a SU demo and hold cardmaking, papercrafting classes and a scrapbooking crop in the village I live in which is near Barnsley, South Yorkshire.

Jan
    x

Hi Jan

to the forum. I am born and bred in Barnsley but now live in Kent. Mum still lives in Barnsley so we try to get back as and when we can (which sadly isn't very often at the moment as we are busy at fairs nearly every weekend!!)

Hope you enjoy the forum - looking forward to seeing some of your creations.
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Welcome Jan; I'm fairly new here myself!

Originally posted by JJ66 View Post
      ... I am a SU demo and hold ... a scrapbooking crop ...
      What's a SU demo and a crop? I do papercrafts, but not cardmaking or scrapbooking.

Comment

Hi Jan, I'm also new here.
        Carol
        Smile at least once a day.

Comment

What's a SU demo and a crop? I do papercrafts, but not cardmaking or scrapbooking.[/QUOTE]

Sorry! I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. SU is an american company who use home parties to sell crafting products. I apologise if I am not allowed to mention SU (I know some forums dont like people to mention company names, please let me know if this is the case here). I am still finding my way around!!!

The crop is basically a way for ladies to get together and have a chat whilst crafting. I just hire a room in a local community centre, we all take our own stuff and do scrapbooking or cardmaking. I just split the cost of the hire of the room between the people who attend.

Jan

Comment

Hi Jan,
            I'm a SU demo as well!
            Ally
            xx
            Blog: http://lovinglyhandcrafted.blogspot.co.uk/
            Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ally-S...09704535743430

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
              Have to admit I was thinking oooooo an anarchist. I thought youu meant student union demonstrator!
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Hello from Barnsley too also waiting to hear what SU is
                Chris xx
                My Website
                My Blog

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks for the info! What is the relevance of using the word 'crop' for what is, after all, best described as a meeting of like-minded people? I don't imagine most of your participants spend the thinking about their crop of radishes on the allotment ...

Comment

Originally posted by esseesee View Post
                      ? I don't imagine most of your participants spend the thinking about their crop of radishes on the allotment ...
                      You'd be surprised!!!
                      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Welcome JJ. Good to see you here. Look forward to chatting.

Hi Esseesee. In answer to your query re the word crop. Can I point you in the following direction. It is a very recent thread where members are discussing the alternative 'crop'. lol. I found it interesting to learn of your use of the word. I had not come across it before. Thanks for that.
                        Here is the link I promised. http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...ight=allotment
                        Carol
                        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I havent a clue where the term 'crop' comes from, its just used by scrapbookers for their little get togethers.

Enjoying wondering around the site - its massive!!
                          Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone!

Comment

Hi Jan and welcome!

I'm pretty new here too, its a great place to be, enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                              X