John

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John

Hello everybody!! I am very new to card making. Retired and had several heart attacks. Used to do lots of woodwork, now too strenuous. Trying my hand at card making to try and keep my brain active. Bought the "Craft Robo Silhouette and finding it a very steep learning curve. My son will show me how to do something on the computer in the morning and by the afternoon I have forgotten it. He is very patient with me. I have received lots of good advice from other crafters/designers and lots of encouragement. Still having difficulty with getting my templates to the Craft Robo Library. I am now coming to the conclusion, after reading lots of articles on chat shows/forums that I should be sending the templates to my printer and not to the Craft Robo. Is that right? Also I am thinking of buying the Design Master. Is this a good idea or is it a waste of money for me? Grateful for any help/advice Thank you all, John

Hi John

to the forum. Sorry, I can't help with your Craft Robo query but there are loads of cardmakers on here and I am sure someone will be along soon with some assistance for you. Once you get the hang of it, it will become second nature I am sure so hang on in there!

Looking forward to seeing some of your makes...
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Hi John

I too have no knowledge of the craft robo, other than it seems a serious piece of kit! However welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy "chatting" with us all and sharing ideas/information.

Sharon
      Wid

Comment

Hi John...welcome to the forums. I am a paper crafter /card maker and I'm afraid I can't help out with the Robo questions either. You are right in that it is a very steep learning curve...even for many experienced crafters...but I'm told that if you can stick with it, the Robo can be great. I convinced myself that I needed an electronic cutting machine and I have a Cricut, but in fact the machine I use the most (every single day) is my trusty manual Big Shot. It does just about everything I need (cutting and embossing) and all I had to master is the order to 'sandwich' the plates and dies (which is now second nature and I do it without thinking) and how to turn the handle...and if handle turning ever becomes a problem there is an electronic version of the BS which involves pressing a button LOL

I would say stick with the Robo...maybe try to find a forum specifically aimed at Robo users and perhaps look on YouTube for some tutorials on how to use it/things to make with your Robo. Hopefully one day soon it will suddenly click into place and start to make sense.

I wish you luck

Comment

Hi John and to the crafts forum. Not a paper crafter and maybe if you put a post in the cards and papercraft section you may get a better response. Good luck, hope you manage to master it.

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Thank you Mo. You are quite right about growing old and growing up. My wife, Norma was always telling me that I should grow up and always I replied that I never wanted to grow up. I also used to tell her that she had married a man that was absolutely perfect in every way. If I did have a fault, it was that I was too modest! Thanks, Mo, for the welcome. Very best regards, John.

Comment

Hello Christa. Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I shall do as you say and sometimes I think I see a little glimmer of light, so I think that little bits of learning are rubbing off on me. I will look for websites/forums that are more Craft Robo oriented. But I will always come back to this forum and the others I have found, because you all seem to be such a cherry lot, (Cheery not Cheeky!). Thanks again Christa I hope to be in touch with you all much, much more now. Very best regards, John.

Comment

Hi John, welcome to the forum from a fellow beginner card maker! Sorry I don't have a clue about the robo either, I haven't got a die cutter. Maybe if you google it some instructions or a helpful video will show up. Good luck
                Hayley
                Add me please www.facebook.com/nappycakes1511

Comment

Oh wow, this 'gadget' looks wonderful ... (covers eyes, does NOT look at craftrobo website, does NOT want any such thing, does NOT have a friend who lives near Wrexham where the UK dealership is based, does NOT want it, does NOT have a little bit of money saved up to treat herself, is NOT trying to convince herself it is superfluous to requirements ...)

Comment

Originally posted by esseesee View Post
                    Oh wow, this 'gadget' looks wonderful ... (covers eyes, does NOT look at craftrobo website, does NOT want any such thing, does NOT have a friend who lives near Wrexham where the UK dealership is based, does NOT want it, does NOT have a little bit of money saved up to treat herself, is NOT trying to convince herself it is superfluous to requirements ...)
                    Awhhh come on you know you're going to buy it LOL Don't forget to let us see the first results.

Mo.XX
                    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                    www.bodrighy.co.uk
                    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

But I'm not a cardmaker and have no interest in cardmaking or scrapbooking or any of those other things ... I am trying to think what I would/could use it for - I have some ideas!

Comment

Working...
                      X