Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hello all!

I'm Unicorn, a multi-craftual (is that a word?) semi-retired woman of - erm - mature years.

I'm in the state where I want to carry on making things, but running out of people to give them to ... so I thought, why not sell some? I'm planning to spend the summer visiting craft fairs, helping a couple of friends with their stalls, and making stuff - before taking the plunge and booking a few fairs in late summer/autumn to 'feel the water' as it were.

I'm hoping to get some ideas here for display, and stuff that sells well. Sadly I don't have my own motor transport so am limited to where I can get to ... but I'm strong and healthy and there are such things as HUGE suitcases with wheels, and shopping trolleys!

Hi Unicorn and to the crafts forum. Lots of nice friendly helpful people on here to talk to. You are only as old as you feel, age is a state of mind, and there are several of us on here thoroughly enjoying our second childhood. Hope to see some of your lovely makes shortly.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

HI welcome , what will you be selling ?? - Just being nosey !

Comment

Hi and welcome from me! It is great to meet such people here. Enjoy your stay!
        personalised birthday cards

Christmas greeting cards

Comment

Love that word "multi-craftual". Welcome. :-)
          www.treasurebin.com
          Craft supplies, Cakeware, Crystals
          Facebook
          Twitter
          Blog

Comment

Originally posted by sharenslz View Post
            HI welcome , what will you be selling ?? - Just being nosey !
            Well - Christmas decorations made in various styles - hand-made felt embellished ones (the felt is hand-made as well as the entire ornament), 3D card/papier mache, traditional-style Tyrolean ones (I lived in Austria for some years) as well as papercrafts - not cards or origami, but little calendar houses, and a few stocking-stuffer type toys for children. Those are my thoughts so far anyway!

I have no idea how it will 'go'; I am tempted to make up some 'all season' stuff - the calendar houses are a perpetual calendar and of course toys are year-round; some of the hand-made felt could be used to make bits'n'bobs like keychains. I could take up a corner of a friend's stall and have a go ...

I expect all crafters have at some point been told 'You could sell those!' but it's a big step to actually doing it - or trying to do it!

Comment

Working...
            X