Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Midlands!

Hi everyone!
    Although I have been reading this forum on and off for the past two years, I have never really participated because I felt I didn't really have much to say!

Now I have had the energy to set up a website for my blog, open a shop on Folksy and invest some proper time into my crafting, I feel like it's time to be part of the community!

My Milliemishmash adventure started in october 2010 after a few friends and colleagues harassed me into "going for it" ! I was on the point of losing my job (still haven't found one! Anyone needs a scientist?) and it felt just like the right time to distract my mind and make things.

Here goes, at the moment I make bags, metal framed purses and coin purses for sale using the lovely fabrics from designers Amy Butler or Joel Dewberry. At home I also try to make some of my clothes (next big project is my wedding dress)
    I also love knitting (very very simple scarves and all things square) and crochet. I am in the process of completing a granny square blanket for my new born nephew: 100 squares, and I've just realised I sewed half the blanket the wrong way round. Oh Well!

I am hoping to use the forum to find answers to lots of my questions, hoping to help some people, and also finding out about local craft fairs in the Northampton area.
    Talking of which, I am doing the Bicycle Basket Bazaar at the Fishmarket, Northampton on Saturday 30th April. Anyone in the area, please come and support all the crafters on bikes there!

Happy making
    Milliemishmash
    www.milliemishmash.com
    www.folksy.com/shops/milliemishmash

Hi back at you from the Midlands.

Pauline
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Welcome to the forum
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
      X