Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New crafter

Hello all,
    Just done my second craft event totally washout as hardly any people came.
    Which has made me feel very disappointed.
    Next week got a really posh event and need ideas to display my twiggy hearts,also have now doubts weather any one really likes them.Help

Keep positive!

Hi there
    I know exactly how you feel - I have done some very big events before which just didnt have the footfall coming through. You have to remember that it is not you at fault but the event so it is just a matter to being more choosy about the events you spend your time at. If it is inexpensive then it is sometimes worth going to as you really never know who will go but you need to count your time in the costs too.

I always go to events with a view to collecting emails and contacts so I can then contact them afterwards rather than focusing on taking money on the day (even though that is nice!) it means you get more from the event and are building your mailing list which is invaluable. Perhaps run a competition or something?

What sort of things do you sell? Keep positive - all your hard work will pay off in the end ;-)

xx
    Victoria x

Founder of The Keepsake Co , Lover of all things creative and proud mummy to one. I'm on a mission to "baby proof" my income and help other mums do the same so feel free to join me here :-)

w: www.TheKeepsakeCo.co.uk
    f: www.facebook.com/thekeepsakecompany
    t: www.twitter.com/thekeepsakeco

Comment

Thank you

;437709]Hi there

Thank you for that I did feel It was a learning curve,about how to set out a stall.
      I make hearts which are made of vine twigs about 30 cm covered with faux ivy and flowers,a bit shabby chic meets rustic verging on the folksy.
      Got another big event in Sussex. For 2 days.
      Maybe ,hope will sell.
      I do enjoy making them.
      What do you make.
      Terry

I always go to events with a view to collecting emails and contacts so I can then contact them afterwards rather than focusing on taking money on the day (even though that is nice!) it means you get more from the event and are building your mailing list which is invaluable. Perhaps run a competition or something?

What sort of things do you sell? Keep positive - all your hard work will pay off in the end ;-)

xx[/QUOTE]

Comment

It's always a shame when you don't make the sales you were hoping for

Are you in Sussex? We're planning a couple of craft fairs in July during our Uckfield Art Trail ...
        Trudie

Uckfield Art Trail

Comment

Working...
        X