julie jarvis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• julie jarvis

Hi Every one i am new to card making, i am a disabled 52 year old going on 21, would love some advice on how to make simple but tasteful cards,
    & any one who would like a chat,
    thanks Julie

Hi Julie and welcome to the forum. I'm a cardmaker too and i've recently got into scrapbooking.

There are lots of ways to make quick and tasteful cards, one of the easiest is to mat 2 or 3 pieces of paper, stick an embellishment on it then stick it to the card.

You can get lots of inspiration from places like the forum, magazines, websites with gallery's etc, it's just a case of finding what style you like and adapting it to create your own cards.

Sorry i haven't been much help.
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

i have done it!!!

I have just sent you one note asking how to open a reply, but i think i have found out.
      I have bought some items mainly card, peel offs & punches, i will get more as i go along. I have bought cardmaking & papercraft magazine,
      it is full of good ideas, my mum has bought me something from one of the shopping channels, i dont know what.
      Thanks for replying
      Julie

Comment

Gald you managed to find the reply button - was just about to pm you till i noticed you'd sorted it. It takes a little while to find your way round here but you'll soon get the hang of it.

If you are mailn'y using just peel-offs, using different backing papers can really change the look of a card especially if your layer a couple of pieces.
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Welcome Julie - I'm new too! I use the magazines a lot for inspiration and it sort of takes off from there! Give it a go! I'm sure you'll be fine.

Comment

Welcome Julie, a lot of cardmakers start with peel offs ad punches, and from there move onto more advanced techniques as your confidence grows. there are plenty of lovely people here to give you hints and tips.

Heather
            www.craftyaddicts.co.uk
            for all your cardmaking and scrapbooking needs!!
            www.craftyaddict.wordpress.com
            craftyaddicts blog site
            www.heatherbees.blogspot.com
            My personal blog
            http://twitter.com/craftyaddicts

Comment

Hello and welcome Julie, hope you'll enjoy posting here.
              Plushie and Amigurumi Love

Comment

Hi Julie! I'm a bit younger than you - 52 going on 18!!
                You're going to love your new hobby ... it tends to take over your life, your conversation, & even every spare bit of space in the house
                Enjoy!!
                Hilary x
                http://www.zolanta.com/index.php?
                http://www.zolanta.com/shop.php?name...aft&user_id=69
                card making & scrapbooking
                baby knits

Comment

Welcome Julie. If we're doing age - I'm 54 going on 12.

Comment

Welcome!

Hello Julie and to the forum!
                    I started card making when I was off ill from work for 5 months (long, boring story!!) many years ago now and it is a fantastic way to fill your time. I don't want to bombard you with lots of info about techniques etc on your first post so my advice at first is just have a go. It doesn't matter if your first cards are not the greatest..mine were pretty terrible! but you will improve and all the time you will be enjoying yourself!
                    I look forward to getting to know you. (oh by the way I am 38 but feel like I'm going on 68 this morning!!)
                    Anice xx
                    Funkyhand x
                    my website
                    http://www.funkyhand.com
                    my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                    http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                    Follow me on Twitter
                    http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Originally posted by Funkyhand View Post
                      (oh by the way I am 38 but feel like I'm going on 68 this morning!!)
                      me too!!

Welcome on board Julie!
                      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Welcome! I do a little bit of card making usually using my quilling that I do. I haven't made any new cards for a while as I have quite a stock waiting for me to send them off for birthdays! I hope you manage to get loads of ideas (by the way I'm 29... though by the evening I sometimes feel like I'm more like 89 and need a good sleep!).
                        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

hi julie welcome to the forum - im 32 going on 52 (well it feels like it most days)!! :lol:
                          My blog

Website in progress - will update soon.

Comment

and hello from me too!

I'm 35 and feel 18 heheheh!!!

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Craftali View Post
                              Welcome Julie - I'm new too! I use the magazines a lot for inspiration and it sort of takes off from there! Give it a go! I'm sure you'll be fine.
                              Thanks for the greeting, i do intend to branch out, but there are so many things you can buy, its like aladdins cave, my partner ( mark ) cant belive all the stuff i have accumulated in such a short time.
                              Julie

Comment

Working...
                              X