Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOPS! where are my manners lol

Hiya everyone!
    I forgot to introduce myself before i steamed straight in with a question lol....

Ive kinda new to jewelery making and currently dabbling in different aspects and thoroughly enjoying it!

Ive already made several pieces for myself and my daughters/daughter-in law and sons-loving what you can do with chain/metal components/cords/dangles/beads etc....i guess im just finding my feet but feel ive already learned so much and hope to carry on learning

I sooo wish i had found this forum sooner, its brilliant and so far ive had some really good suggstions, so thanks to everyone so far who has made me feel so welcome!

Hope everyones having a great weekend

blufizz x

You're forgiven Blufizz LOL and to the craftsforum. Very adictive and you can waste hours on here just chatting quite apart from the nice friendly helpful peeps on here. Look forward to seeing some of yor makes soon.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Hi Welcome from me too.....
      Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

hi and to the forum, very addictive but never time wasting... all market research / learning new things... ain't that right Mo!! At least that's what I tell myself!

Looking forward to seeing some of your makes,

xx

Comment

It's a great place to hang out
          Lisa x
          http://www.dreamstardiary.blogspot.com
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/cottonsanddreams/
          New Blog http://stylesofcooking.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum.
            Jelena
            Help other people and peolpe will help you.

Comment

hiya and thank you for your words of welcome....

my sons just got a new camera (a bridge camera..ooer) so im hoping to borrow it and take some shots of my work so far..(i did photography yrs and yrs back so i wonder if i still have the knack haha)
              im actually very nervous about posting them lol....its one thing to make things for yourself or family members-but to put the pics out there for everyone to see and comment on as it were...well bit nerve wracking lol

Comment

Hi, my advice is dont panic, I dont think I would be here if I was a profesional box maker, I do this for a hobby, and any comments I get, (if I can make my photo's fit in the allocated space) will be taken as constructive, wether they be good or bad, looking forward to seeing some pics.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by blufizz View Post
                  hiya and thank you for your words of welcome....

my sons just got a new camera (a bridge camera..ooer) so im hoping to borrow it and take some shots of my work so far..(i did photography yrs and yrs back so i wonder if i still have the knack haha)
                  im actually very nervous about posting them lol....its one thing to make things for yourself or family members-but to put the pics out there for everyone to see and comment on as it were...well bit nerve wracking lol
                  Don't worry we are all quite kind and encouraging. Mo.XX
                  Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                  Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                  www.bodrighy.co.uk
                  https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

hiya STEVE
                    thanks for your comments....is it hard to upload pics here then?
                    hiya MO.....everyone ive spoken to so far have been great and ive found out so much already...

Comment

Hi blufizz, quite easy when you know the size you want, I put a thread on the photography bit, got a bit of help and wayhay, got a couple of pics up of this weekends makes
                      Happy days, hope you all like them,

Steve

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!!
                        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

thank you for the welcome :-)
                          i need more hours in the day so i can sit and look at what everyone else is doing lol....blimey my status will have to be changed to "lurcher" or something haha

Comment

Originally posted by Boxbloke View Post
                            Hi blufizz, quite easy when you know the size you want, I put a thread on the photography bit, got a bit of help and wayhay, got a couple of pics up of this weekends makes
                            Happy days, hope you all like them,

Steve
                            i posted ypu a visitor message but thought id comment here too....love the look of the boxes youve made!...must take you a while to make them?

Comment

Hi, thanks for the comment, It was a nice supprise to see your message . Glad you like them.

I must admit they werent my designs, i got the plans from a book by Lois Keener Ventura. They didnt take that long to make really, a couple hours cutting and glueing, then the fun bit starts with the sand paper, all in all a days work to make the pair of them, but there aint no rush lol

Comment

Working...
                              X