Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Promotion and Hits

Hi All
    I have recently given up my job to try my hand at jewellery making which is a great passion and i absolutely love. I have set up my website and i know it takes time but is there any ways that you could recommend to help promotion or any local jewellery shops in the london/surrey/middlesex area that you think would be willing to sell on behalf of me.
    Please can anyone give me some ideas im new to this and not sure how it works
    Many Thanks

1) Being an active and helpful member of a lot of forums can generate views and hopefully sales. You can add your website link to your signature.
    2) Posting regular on a blog.
    3) Having a facebook business page and inviting people to link to you, liking other people, posting regular, interesting items.
    4) Shop on Etsy or Folksy - add 1 item every other day to help increase your views on Folksy.

I have lots of links for other helpful places but they are on my home computer, please send me a PM and I can advise them for you

Good luck!
    For an eclectic range of cross stitch kits visit Midnight Curiosity

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of usefull info here.
      Jelena
      Help other people and peolpe will help you.

Comment

It's a really friendly forum and a mine of useful information......you'll be as addicted as me in no time
        Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Well the first hurdle is getting a professional looking website up and running smoothly, the second and way harder hurdle is to market it and to actually get people to buy from it. Its really important you get your name out everywhere, without incurring big costs. Facebook, twitter, blog(s), ebay, folksy/etsy, misi all promote your name and style. I would try and work with some local events e.g. sales, donating prizes and generally getting your products out there. Unfortunatley the jewellery market is a tough one to crack.
          I don't know any shops down there but the best thing is to go in and see wether they sell your types of products. Go back again and take your best pieces - ask them would be interested. If they say no, make sure you at least leave a business card. You can always leave your stuff and come back to chase them up. Make sure you speak/make an appointment to speak with the actual owner of the shop.

Lots of info on this forum, and if you are majorly going into, I always suggest a few good books on how to run a successful business. Theres a big difference between running a successful business and making money from doing something you like.

I've obviously got other ideas which I would use if I were really going for a successful, full time business, but that would be telling :P

You need to sit down and plan out what you want from your business and exactly how you are going to achieve it. Plus remember to register as self-employed within the first three months.

Oh and welcome!

PS remember to always leave 2 business cards - one for them and one for a friend
          PPS doh and I forgot ...forum(s)
          Last edited by CraftRocks; 24-02-2011, 01:49 PM. Reason: Extra info
          www.mydandelionmind.wordpress.com
          Thoughts are a bit like weeds - they keep growing all over the place and you cant get rid of them easily.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum

Good luck with your new venture

Love the tip about two business cards :-D
            Bekka Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
            Contact me for Papercraft parties, classes and supplies. Please visit my web site www.feeling-crafty.co.uk , or my blog www.feeling-crafty.blogspot.com ,or find me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Bekka View Post
              Love the tip about two business cards :-D
              A little something I learnt at a local Business Gateway workshop
              www.mydandelionmind.wordpress.com
              Thoughts are a bit like weeds - they keep growing all over the place and you cant get rid of them easily.

Comment

Thankyou all for the great advice i have printed business cards, i have a stamp, sticky labels and today i invested in large car magnets all which i am hoping qill in turn get business. I seem to be good at getting people to look at my website but no such sales as yet but i know it takes time patience is something im hoping i will learn hehe

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Have you started a blog yet? I would say it's the biggest thing which has promoted my website. You need to be committed to posting to it regularly though for it to work as a promotional tool.

Twitter has been amazing for me too. I must admit that working from home I do often use it to chat, but that's turned into an advantage because those chats have sometimes turned into sales (oh, and purchases from other people!).

I don't use Facebook but I know a lot of people do use it to their advantage, although I don't know how the recent changes have affected that.

Good luck - it's hard work but amazingly satisfying!
                  digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
                  blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
                  hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
                  blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

Hi Wendy,

Glad you brought this up. I have a blog nd thought it would be a good way to later promote my website but the problem is... how do you get people to read your blog or better still follow your blog?

Celine Jo
                    from
                    eyeARTyou
                    ( based in East London )

P/S : If my advice/suggestion has helped you, you could click on the star at the bottom left to add to my reputation.

Blog :
                    http://eyeartyou.blogspot.com/
                    FB Page : In Progress
                    Email : [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                    X