Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

Just thought i would introduce myself before i bombard you with questions

I started making wooden jewellery boxes, pens,mirrors and gifts etc. about a year ago but not got that much done due to an operation on my hand, but managed my first stall yesterday at the Bakewell Show, and must admit i loved it, and learnt a lot about wat people are looking for as well.

i have my website virtually finised now 'handmadewoodenboxes' its a mouthful i know but google likes it

My question is about where are the best places to sell my pieces ? I am in Chesterfield Derbyshire but if its worth it i would travel to places.
    www.handmadewoodenboxes.co.uk

Hi & . Your stuff is absolutely gorgeous. I come from Derby & sell at various craft fairs. I'll pm you with the details.
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Thank you, and that would be brilliant

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

wow your stuff is amazing - i love those rustic looking bowls!!
          My blog

Website in progress - will update soon.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your comments everyone.
            still none the wiser really where to sell them though as they are not really impulse buys, and i would imagine but could be wrong that more expensive items dont sell well at craft fairs. The Bakewell Show i mentioned had 60,000 visitors but was over £300 to stand. How many visitors does an average craft fair get ? and which are the biggest and or best ?

Comment

and hello from me!

I think Apple Tree Crafts (Jules) will be able to give some good advice re Craft Fairs

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nice work you have, I love a bit of spalted beach or zebrano!
                I also use wood with some of my sculptures, and have a few unusual pieces in my exhibition.

Looking forward to seeing the tables

Hope you like us here
                Debbie
                www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Working...
                X