Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

My name's Lyn and I am interested in knitting and crochet mainly baby items, tea cosies and knitted food.

I am not really new to crafting. I spent 2 years trying to set-up a craft business going from making and selling soap and candles to silk flower arrangements. I used to get a lot of compliments about my work but not many sales.

These days I knit and crochet as a hobby. I am a full-time carer to my disabled husband so am no longer able to work. I would just like to sell some of the things I make but don't really know where to start. I am not really able to do the craft fayres this time round.

Any suggestions as to where I should start would be appreciated. I have thought about Ebay but not sure.

Thanks
    Lyn

Good to see you here. You have come to the right place for sound advice and info about selling your 'makes'. There are so many of us trying to make a living out of our own work. Look forward to chatting.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi Lyn, welcome
      have you looked at Folksy, etsy, misi, dawanda, artfire, wowthankyou etc. Everyone here has their opinions and favourites and if you search through the previous posts you may get a better idea of the focus and strengths (and weaknesses) of each site.
      Amanda

www.janeexelbys.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Amanda

Thanks very much I knew about folksy and etsy but not the others. I will definitely look into this.

Lindee

Comment

Hola along am sure you will get all the advice and help you need here :-)

Francesca
          * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
          Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

Working...
          X