Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everyone

hi
    would love to hear from anyone who is interested in driftwood as we are lucky enough to live near a loch in the scottish borders and have collected some lovely pieces which we are going to make sculptures with...

Hi there and to the Crafts Forum. Love the look of driftwood, would be great to see some of your creations later. Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Welcome to the forum! They sound like they'll be lovely sculptures
      www.morgannacraft.co.uk
      Facebook fan page!

Comment

good to see you here
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

thanks for all the welcomes..as soon as i sort some pics out i will post them on here ..dont have to do much with some of the driftwood as they are lovely as they are..we are just trying different things at the moment with the smaller pieces ..we have collected over 50 of the large pieces and believe me it was back breaking getting them, but hey it was worth it ..cheers for now

Comment

Hello and welcome!

I love the look of driftwood, I bought a small piece from a craft stand a couple of years ago which, like you say, I don't think had had much done to it. Would love to see some pictures
            Ayla Jewellery: www.aylajewellery.co.uk
            Folksy: http://www.folksy.com/shops/AylaJewellery
            Misi: http://www.misi.co.uk/shop_info.php?...=aylajewellery

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the forum
              Celia
              I can't be creative and tidy too
              www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
              The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
              Jencel on Facebook

Comment

hi jencel
                just looked at your website you have some nice stuff ,given me some ideas for the driftwood ,beads could look good on some pieces

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                  Visit us on the web at www.grinandcraftit.co.uk
                  Find us on Facebook & Twitter
                  www.3dcrafts.co.uk
                  Personal Facebook page (Deryck Obray)

Comment

hi all again
                    ive put a couple of pics on profile ..im still working on all the others as i have to down size them all

Comment

hi i have added some more pics if you would like to have a look ...

Comment

Hey your work is amazing. Tell me more, How do you do that? I love drift wood.

I have a funny to share.
                        My family and I where on holiday with the in-laws this year in Wales, Easter time. I had a windfall and had collected a huge pile of driftwood, very pleased with my haul, the biggest ever. Anyway we went out one day and left mother-in-law at the chalet. The next day I went to take a closer look at my finds. Shock horror they had gone.
                        “Where is my drift wood” I asked.

She replied, “What those sticks”? “I thought the kids had brought them in, I’ve thrown them in the bin”.

Comment

oh dear i would of been mortified if that happened...the pieces we have are left to dry after some soaking and scrubbing ..some pieces are bleached for about 2 to 3 days some people even resort to putting them in the oven but our pieces are far to big for that so a good old scrub does the trick and a jet wash to get all the grit out

Comment

Working...
                          X