Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from Stockport

Hi all

My name is Joanne, and i've just taken up crafting again after the sudden death of my six year old son last year. I'm hoping it will give me a new focus. Just need to get my creative juices flowing again now!

Looking forward to joining in on the forum!

Joanne. Good to see you here I have just read your other post but can't help with your query. However, just wanted to say that this is one of the best places to be if you want to 'lose' yourself, its very adictive.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi Joanne. I'm sorry to hear about your son. I'm new to the forum too and still trying to work my way round. What kind of crafts do you do? Have you tried scrapbooking yet? It's a great way to lose yourself and totally addictive.

Comment

Hi Joanne, I can't begin to imagine what you've been through/are going through. I'm so sorry.

Crafting is certainly relaxing and therapeutic - and once those creative juices start flowing then hopefully there will be no stopping them! This forum is a great place to hang out for support as well as ideas and advice.

Welcome to the forum!
        digital stamps for cardmakers: http://www.handmadeharbour.co.uk
        blog: http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.com
        hand painted personalised plaques, clocks, canvases, etc: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk
        blog: http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog

Comment

Welcome! I'm very sorry to hear about your son. You will enjoy the forum, and waste many an hour on it!

Visit my blog!
          http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
          www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Hi Joanne, nice to meet you!

I'm certain that you'll enjoy joining the Crafts Forum, I've only recently joined myself and am amazed at the friendly and helpful source of knowledge here! It's great to swap ideas and see what other people are doing.

Please post some pics of what you're making.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, I do hope that you enjoy your time here.

x

Comment

Thank you all for your warm welcome, i'm sure i'll enjoy being a member of the forum. At the moment i'm generally concentrating on making cards (get a lot of my stuff from QVC) but in the middle of turning our box room into a craft room, so I may be a bit slow with the pics!

Comment

Hi Joanne,

Welcome to the forum. I'm also so very sorry to hear about your son, I can't begin to imagine how you cope. I'm glad you've been able to use your creativity to help you.

cj
                www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
                Become a facebook fan
                Check out my blog

Comment

Hi Joanne

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to read about the loss of your son - I am so pleased that you have crafting to help you through. I agree with Carol, however, this forum is sooooo addictive!! (Don't say you haven't been warned LOL!)

Looking forward to seeing some of your work and hearing about your crafts.
                  Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                  Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                  Follow me on Twitter:
                  @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

HI there

welcome to the forum. I live in Stockport too )

Jan x
                    www.simplyisis.co.uk

www.purplesnailevents.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Janx, I live in Hazel Grove, whereabouts are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Joanne74 View Post
                        Thanks for the welcome Janx, I live in Hazel Grove, whereabouts are you?
                        Just up the road from you! Not too far from the top of Stockport Market..

Jan x
                        www.simplyisis.co.uk

www.purplesnailevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Janx View Post
                          Just up the road from you! Not too far from the top of Stockport Market..

Jan x
                          know it well LOL, you must be Offerton sort of area then

Joanne x

Comment

Working...
                          X