Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint splattered and happy

Hi everyone

I've chanced across this forum and it looks great. I qualified in Illustration donkey's years ago and did a few bits fresh out of college. London called and after some heady years of partying I settled down to have a family. It was only when number five was due that I felt massive yearnings to do something creative with my own time aside from washing up! The year before last I returned to my illustration and completed a couple of book projects, in the witching hours.

Having finished the projects I set my sights on additonal work that I could do alongside the family. I have been selling painted glassware since December, alongside my own illustrations on my website and on Ebay. In the past I used to paint tea-lights for my family and friends occasionally. One suggested that I sell some and it turned out to be a great suggestion. It suits me down to the ground because I love the variety of projects and as the glassware is generally bought for special occasions it's wonderful to have that personal contact with customers and to be a part of those moments.

Regards
    Lou
    Last edited by loupo; 20-05-2010, 02:24 AM.
    www.louisepoulsom.co.uk
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/poulsomglasspainting

Hello and welcome - don't worry about the long introduction, I find it interesting to hear about people's lives and their crafting pursuits. I only have two small children (3 and 5) and find balancing that with part-time teaching and crafting hard enough - can't begin to imagine what it must be like with five! Would really like to see some of your work - have you got a link to your website?
    paperpiedesign.blogspot.com
    www.folksy.com/shops/paperpiedesign

*Kim*

Comment

to the forum.

Caroline
      silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
      bespoke handmade jewellery
      Silver Jewellery blog
      Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

Hi Kim and Caroline and thank you so much for the friendly welcome.

I had a look at your websites. Kim your frames are so lovely! I love personalised gifts. I find that one of the big advantages of doing crafty bits for kids is that it saves a bomb on pressies for parties. Your children are similar in age to mine so you must have the same. Ours are 8, 6, 4, 4 and 2.

Caroline, your silver jewellery is stunning. I read some of your blog and particularly like the Red & White Crystal on the silver charm.

Thank you so much again for your kind replies.

Lou
        Last edited by loupo; 20-05-2010, 02:25 AM.
        www.louisepoulsom.co.uk

Comment

Hi lou, welcome to the forum.

You're illustrations are amazing, a true talent you have there! I can't imagine having five kids, 2 are more than enough for me!

You can put your website link within your signature. The 25 post rule relates to links in the body of your posts.

cj
          www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
          Become a facebook fan
          Check out my blog

Comment

Hi cj and thank you so much for the kind message and the signature pointer. I've had a go, hopefully it will work! Five kids are great, the housework is a bit of a pain though lol.

I had a look at your page. I'm like a child in a sweetshop tonight enjoying everyone's handmade goods. Your work is really lovely and it's fascinating to see how you do it.

Lou
            Last edited by loupo; 20-05-2010, 02:25 AM.
            www.louisepoulsom.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X