My name is Paul and I make pens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My name is Paul and I make pens

Hi - I've just joined the forum as my wife Penny I would like to start doing a few craft fairs. We are both keen crafters but rarely sell anything.

I'm a hobby woodturner - well I'm adicted to it really. I make most woodturning things but my fountain and ballpoint pens seem to turn out pretty well. I use the best quality titanium coated gold pen kits from the USA and fantastic woods from all around the world. We have a couple of websites - one for the pens at MOD EDIT - PLEASE READ RULES, (can't give urls until posted over 25 posts) although I rarely sell pens from the site. I have also made a dvd on pen making.

We also have another 'crafty' website at MOD EDIT - PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY, on which some bits of my woodturning are on but also Penny's parchment craft, card making and watercolour painting. Penny loves her crafts and also embellishes some of my woodturning buy piercing the wood making fantastic patterns - using a chiropody drill/polisher. She also does pyrography which again compliments my woodturning.

We are both really lucky in that we both love each other's work - and each other.

Regards

Paul
    Last edited by Peter; 03-05-2007, 08:22 PM.

Looking forwar to chatting Paul and also seeing your work - sounds interesting!
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Lisa
      Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hi Paul!
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Hello &
          incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
          ___

Comment

Hello , welcome to the forum.
            Amanda
            xx

Comment

Hiya I'm new around here too, everyone is really friendly so I'm sure you'll all have fun here.
              Caroline

You don't need talent to be artistic you just need patience!

www.potterdoodledoo.co.uk

Comment

Hi Paul,

You'll find this a very friendly and interesting forum.

BTW what's pyrography? Any chance of a pen pic - we love pens in this house...
                Annette

Comment

Paul's pens

Hi all and many thanks for the welcomes. I've been asked what pyrography is - it is using an electric tool which heats up a thin wire and with the glowing wire, burning patterns on wood. I'll try and sort a picture out. As regards the pen pictures, I can't give the url of my website yet but if you do a Google search on my name (Paul Loseby) and pens, you'll see both of the sites come up. I am pleased with the sites but sadly they don't generate a lot of sales.

Kindest regards

Paul

Comment

Hello!

Afternoon & Welcome!

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts
                    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Sorry I can't take a peek at your websites, but Welcome, look forward to seeing your stuff at a later date, lol!
                      Lucinda x

Comment

Originally posted by purplerhian View Post
                        Sorry I can't take a peek at your websites, but Welcome, look forward to seeing your stuff at a later date, lol!
                        Website in the profile.

Comment

Late again but , i'm sure you'll like chatting with other crafters! It is nice to share business woes and joys!!
                          eat, sleep, breathe, STITCH!
                          www.buttonberry.com
                          www.buttonberry.co.uk

Blog-tastic
                          buttonberry.typepad.com

Comment

Welcome

Hi impala impressions here - I also can't post website but it's all in the name! I would value any tips along with Paul as to some great tips on selling from your website - Mine has generated no sales in 3 months and I am relying on e-bay etc. It is really hard!!!!!!!! Also could anyone give any advice on the best way to find all craft shows in my area of Kent? Even the tiny little ones! I have used search engines galore but can't get the village fetes etc which I tend to do well at. Many thanks

Impala Impressions
                            First Impressions last
                            First Impressions Last
                            www.impala-impressions.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X