This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New members please read!

Please take the time to read the forum rules, they have only been made because the forum facility was being abused in the past by blatant advertising. Spam, in any form, is not welcome. If you are unsure as to whether you can advertise please read rule 9. There are forums which have a 'you spam - we ban' policy, we don't want to go that far, but abuse of the system will lead to permanent banning! Enjoy the forum - it's there for you as crafters, we WILL protect our members from SPAM!!

Peter
    Is it OK to say which products you prefer to use? I haven't a website or anything like that to advertise my own goods, but sometimes others ask questions about products that others might have tried.

Some cardmaking equipment is very expensive, and I would be unwilling to part with a deal of dosh without seeing how others got on with a particular die-cutter or punch.
    Primmers
    www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

That's fine. To recommend items in response to a query is part of the purpose of the forum.
      We do not allow people to come on the forum to say hi I am selling this that and the other or to pretend that they are here with an interest in crafts when they are just here to promote their goods.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by Primmers View Post

Some cardmaking equipment is very expensive, and I would be unwilling to part with a deal of dosh without seeing how others got on with a particular die-cutter or punch.
        Hi primmers,

You know all those spam email you get (unless your luckly) offering you things out of the blue that you didn't ask for.. Thats what we try and stop..

Info on equipment is a perfect example of helping other crafters and getting advice..

If not the forum would have no advice and just be full of ads for stuff you most likely don't need/want..

The areas of ads of clear (top of the page, right hand side) this keeps it seperate and helps fund some of the running costs..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Can I join here?

Peter may not welcome me. But I just want to join this CRAFTS forum, to join this big family, and also to share with all of you. I have read the rules, and get to know what should not do in here. Thank you for your reminding!

Ting
          http://www.pandahall.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Wenting_Hu View Post
            Peter may not welcome me. But I just want to join this CRAFTS forum, to join this big family, and also to share with all of you. I have read the rules, and get to know what should not do in here. Thank you for your reminding!

Ting
            It is nothing to do with 'not welcoming you' - as a crafter, you would be welcome, but having looked in depth at your website, I can see no suggestion of you being a crafter, therefore I have to assume your purpose on this forum is to advertise your products. This has been addressed in http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...3963#post23963
            You have also posted this in the wrong thread. This is not a discussion thread.

Comment

Just 'bumping this up'...............a lot of 'new members' are missing this!
              We have a new policy - Spam on the wrong day, and you're banned!

Comment

crikey

hi peter can you check out my introduction, is this okay? to put something in the signature. i do make stuff to sell etc and i am just trying to generate some traffic to my site. is this ok? im also wanting to meet fellow crafters from uk as ive been on lots of american forums.
                Mod edit - signature deleted

Comment

The answer to that is - no, it isn't ok. It is obviously advertising with no intention of entering into the spirit of a crafts discussion forum.

Comment

This is an advisory thread - not an introduction thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X