Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bumping this thread as there is content here that might assist some members in light of questions we've received recently...
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

Thank you for this it is very helpful to have the Mods role outlined.
      I am pleased to see that flaming is not tolerated. I suppose the difficulty is what one person considers flaming another may not.

Isabel

Comment

Could we use the wiki definition (my bold):

"Deliberate flaming, as opposed to flaming as a result of emotional discussions, is carried out by individuals known as flamers, who are specifically motivated to incite flaming. These users specialize in flaming and target specific aspects of a controversial conversation"

and then assume that anything other than a deliberate provocation is probably the upshot of a misunderstanding due to the written word lacking facial expressions or tone of voice?
        Do not watch this space

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
          Thank you for this it is very helpful to have the Mods role outlined.
          I am pleased to see that flaming is not tolerated. I suppose the difficulty is what one person considers flaming another may not.

Isabel
          Flaming is not tolerated.

Unless you are a pyrographer...

I have often wondered if some people might benefit from a mild toasting maybe... or just a gentle grilling for a few seconds on each side... <JOKE!!>
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Isnt that called a Suntan Si.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Much obliged to you for a splendid gathering, (your diligent work in the background is valued) and thank you to each one of the individuals who contribute positive, supportive, moving, interesting, instructive, thoughtful, and empowering posts. Despite the fact that we've never met face to face, I feel I'm among companions.

Comment

Thank you, your rules are reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                X