This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The role of the moderators!

Your moderating team are here to make the general day-to-day running of the Forum as smooth and enjoyable as possible. All moderators carry out the role on a completely voluntary basis, having joined the Forum as fellow crafters just like everyone else here.

We do a lot of work behind the scenes, dealing with spam, preventing flaming, ensuring there are no breaches of Forum rules and the like. A lot of what we are required to do will hardly ever be seen by most members... we are very quick to remove inappropriate posts, often before anyone else has the chance to report them.

We do not regard ourselves as different to any other member... something that has often been used as an ill-judged observation in the past. We are all human and we all have our own unique styles of moderating, but we are as entitled to speak about issues as everyone else here. We do not do the role for any other purpose other than to ensure the Forum is able to promote the sharing of ideas, opinions and advice on crafting without a hitch.

Moderator-baiting can unfortunately happen on any Internet forum and must be dealt with in an appropriate manner: just because we have a few other technical functions in our account does not mean we should be subjected to bullying, flaming or persistent harrassment by private message. As with any Forum, remember that the people on the other end of the posts you read are human and only respond in the way that you would like to be treated yourself.

To report a post or private message, please click on the triangular logo with the exclamation mark in it, which can be found under the body of the content on the left hand side. This will then send an automatic message to all moderators, and will usually result in the first available/online moderator dealing with the issue as they see fit. We do not reply or acknowledge every reported post directly to the person who reported it... spam or abusive posts are often reported to us by more than one Forum member and it would take too much time to type an acknowledgement message to every person every time.

Please bear in mind as well that you may not be aware of other issues that we as a moderating team are dealing with, so do not rush to berate us if you have requested a response and have not received one immediately as we may be committed elsewhere. We do our best to respond promptly when one is necessary, but please accept that these responses will often be brief or concise so that we can make sure our time is put to the best use for the Forum itself.

If you have any queries over a moderating decision, please address them by PM to the administrator, 0103media, who has the final say in relation to all things Forum-related.
    Last edited by woodtattoos; 17-11-2013, 10:42 AM.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

I take my hat off to you all I wouldn't want the job for all the tea in China but do enjoy the forum mainly due to your efforts.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

It's sad that this post even has to be made. A public forum is not the place for people to make personal remarks and slag off those who have offended their fragile ego or whatever.

I was brought up with the maxim 'If you can't say something good then say nothing' and it's a very helpful rule to live by.

Thank you for a brilliant forum, (your hard work behind the scenes is appreciated) and thank you to all those who contribute positive, helpful, inspirational, funny, educational, sympathetic, and encouraging posts. Even though we've never met in person, I feel I'm among friends.
      Kate
      www.cuckoos-nest-fairs.co.uk

Comment

I liked your post this is my first general post in the discussion.
        I think the most important role played in a forum is by the moderators because they are controlling the entire forum & they must have to be very regular & exact in their work.
        wedding dresses
        bridal shower games

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
          I take my hat off to you all I wouldn't want the job for all the tea in China but do enjoy the forum mainly due to your efforts.
          Oh, how times have changed, eh, Carol?! Hehehe...
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Boo!......................

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
              Oh, how times have changed, eh, Carol?! Hehehe...
              Where did you dig that one from Si. Hi Peter
              Last edited by Critchley; 24-04-2010, 05:35 PM.
              Carol

Comment

Thank you for a brilliant forum, (your hard work behind the scenes is appreciated) and thank you to all those who contribute positive, helpful, inspirational, funny, educational, sympathetic, and encouraging posts. Even though we've never met in person, I feel I'm among friends.

Comment

Hi, Just joined your forum and saw this post. I must say that I've been on many forums and have never seen such a post. I enjoyed it and wish you good luck.
                  www.sandrjewellery.co.uk
                  Silver jewellery, Pearl jewellery and Semi Precious jewellery.

Comment

Originally posted by April87st
                    I like this forum, he solved my many problems, thank you
                    I bet you say that on all the forums!
                    Oakdale Studios Facebook
                    Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
                    bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                      I know this is an old thread......But seeing this did make me giggle Carol what changed lol xx
                      Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

That's a classic line!
                        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Yea. I have thought about taking it out once or twice. Talk about an idiot in the making. You would think that with all that foresight I would not be here now wouldn't you.
                          Carol

Comment

Hi, what is flaming ? not familiar with this

Comment

Originally posted by le boudoir online View Post
                              Hi, what is flaming ? not familiar with this
                              This pretty much explains it..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet)
                              Oakdale Studios Facebook
                              Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
                              bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Working...
                              X