Hi from Mary in Leeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Mary in Leeds

Hi, I'm Mary (aka Marula to any other Mr Site'ers out there). I have been making things, usually with a needle and thread, ever since I can remember, but have branched out recently. A couple of friends and myself between us do: off-loom beadweaving, bead stringing, fine silver (precious metal clay), fused glass, stained glass, copper work, bags, quilts, and anything else that looks interesting. Friendly Plastic will probably get a look in soon too. We are based in Leeds, and do quite a lot of craft fairs in the area, and I manage three web sites for us. Oh, and I have a day job as well, but that's only to pay the mortgage!
    Looking forward to joining this new-to-me community with all the wonderful sites and enthusiasm I have seen on this forum!
    Mary
    www.somata.co.uk
    www.stitchnglass.co.uk
    www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
    www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Hi mary! Welcome the the forum Have been looking at your websites and your work is lovely - which site is yours (displaying your work) or do you all help with each others pieces?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forum. Hope you have fun here. I have also looked at your sites and really like your craft work.
      Emma
      Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
      Sassy Crafts Blog
      My Blog

Comment

Hello Mary!
        Welcome to the forum from me too, I look forward to getting to know you.
        Anice xx
        Funkyhand x
        my website
        http://www.funkyhand.com
        my blog (updated 09/06/10)
        http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
        Follow me on Twitter
        http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Hi Mary,

welsome to the forum. Gosh three websites!! I ahve enough trouble managing one craft website! All looks good though!
          Steve
          Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
          www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
          Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

Hi Mary,
            Welcome to the forum I love Leeds and might have to ask you about craft shops for when I next visit!
            Lynsey
            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Hello!

Good morning & Welcome!

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts
              www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

hello...

Hello & welcome Mary x Your busy with 3 websites, craft fairs and a day job!!!
                x
                incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                ___

Comment

Hi Mary,

Welcome to the forum - wont be long until you are a forum addict!!!

Just like the rest of us!!

Bowed Over
                  Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                  www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hi Mary and welcome from me too, you're gonna love it !

Lorraine xx
                    Handmade Country Decor & Needful Things

Comment

Morning Mary. I can't get the first link to work, it keeps saying your bandwidth has been exceeded (?)
                      Other stuff good though!!
                      Well you say you are busy with 3 websites craft fairs and a 'proper' job, but i'm sure they will all take a back seat now you've joined this forum!!
                      http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Mary,
                        Look forward to getting to know you. You are one busy lady!
                        Cheers,
                        Mel
                        Try a new way every day and work becomes play!

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
                          Morning Mary. I can't get the first link to work, it keeps saying your bandwidth has been exceeded (?)
                          Other stuff good though!!
                          Well you say you are busy with 3 websites craft fairs and a 'proper' job, but i'm sure they will all take a back seat now you've joined this forum!!

I had this same problem too, had a look at your other sites though and the jewellery is v. pretty. Enjoy the forum.... I am, its great.
                          Amanda
                          xx

Comment

Thank you for all your replies - craft people are always so friendly

Apparently the host server that I use for the Somata site has gone down - the hosters assure me they are working on it, so hopefully it will be back up soon, as I consider that site to hold our best work.
                            To answer KatianKrafts question - in general the beadwork and fine silver work is mine, one friend does all the glass (though she is teaching me and I love having a go myself), and another friend does the copper work. We find though that the different crafts and skills all come together after a while - beads with copper and or glass, glass with fine silver, needleworking skills with beads, crochet with beads, and so on. I love it all! One day soon I hope we can run our own workshops for people to have a go at things they perhaps haven't tried before.
                            It can take over your life, can't it, and now with the forum as well....
                            Mary
                            www.somata.co.uk
                            www.stitchnglass.co.uk
                            www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for all your replies - craft people are always so friendly

Apparently the host server that I use for the Somata site has gone down - the hosters assure me they are working on it, so hopefully it will be back up soon, as I consider that site to hold our best work.

To answer KatianKrafts question - in general the beadwork and fine silver work is mine, one friend does all the glass (though she is teaching me and I love having a go myself), and another friend does the copper work. We find though that the different crafts and skills all come together after a while - beads with copper and or glass, glass with fine silver, needleworking skills with beads, crochet with beads, and so on. I love it all! One day soon I hope we can run our own workshops for people to have a go at things they perhaps haven't tried before.

It can take over your life, can't it, and now with the forum as well....
                              Mary
                              www.somata.co.uk
                              www.stitchnglass.co.uk
                              www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X