Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Staffordshire

Hey,

I'm new to the site, and relatively new to crafting... Typed in 'craft forum' into Google and this place popped up!

I guess I'm not a huge crafter. Mostly just card making for friends and family. Though I have done a lot more over the summer this year. I nearly always have a cross stitch project on the go, even if I am working through it somewhat slowly. I currently also have a scrapbook project on the go.

I guess I mostly joined to get to know a little bit more about everything really. From different ideas and techniques to what tools are good to use for various different things, as yea, I'm a bit of a novice. And of course to hopefully find some inspiration to try out new ideas and new projects that I might not otherwise have thought to try.

Any help / advice / constructive criticism with crafting and how to use the forum is always welcome and appreciated.

Thanks guys,
    Tania.

Hi Tania and . I dont know much about card making, cross stitching etc. but if you want help and advice then this is the place to be.

Caroline
    silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
    bespoke handmade jewellery
    Silver Jewellery blog
    Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

Hello and I am into glass so not able to help you on the card/scrap book front but there are loads of talented people here who will be a long soon! x
      As for the forum have a surf around and there is loads of advice and tips.
      Terry xxx
      You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
      Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. Much appreciated. It's a little nerve wrecking being a newbie in such a large forum.

I'm loving the look of the place though. Hoping to be stuck in in no time.

Comment

welcome from me too!
          My passion is knit and felt bags, but i know there are plenty of paper enthusiasts on the forum
          Happy Crafting!
          Claire

Facebook
          Etsy shop
          Folksy shop
          My blog

Comment

Hi Tania and to the forum

Comment

Hi
              Welcome to the forum

I am sure you will get some great ideas
              Ellen

Comment

Hello and welcome there Tania

My name is Mandy otherwise known as Mums Knits and I am a knit a holic but dabble in other crafts too. My son has a shop in Longton and we are always looking for people who want to join our crafting classes. Where in Staffordshire are you from?

Mandy
                "Mother Nature is a crafter, a therapist, and a small business on a large scale.. she presents us with an abundance of opportunities and it's up to us how we use them in our lives "

https://www.facebook.com/JetsunnDesigns

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Heya Mandy.

I'm in Hartshill, so near the hospital. I've only recently moved here. I know the area semi-well, but still got some things to learn, for one thing, where some craft shops are! I would love to get to know a bit more about the classes that you guys have at your sons shop.

I generally dabble with paper craft and yea, nearly always have cross stitches on the go. I have a friend that lives in Stoke who is also determined to teach me how to knit. So knitting something may be a project for me at some point in the near future.

Comment

Hi & to the forum, I make handmade cards
                    www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

Hi there

Welcome to the forum

I'm not too far away in Shopshire, I run a monthly card-making & stamping class, if you ever want to come along or have some more info just send me a pm

There's always loads of info & advice on here, so ask away if you need to know anything

Jan x
                      "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
                      Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
                      Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Working...
                      X