Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all!!! :)

Hi Everyone,

My name is Luci and I am a freelance artist. I have many many canvases to sell and I am hoping someone on here will provide some advice on where to sell my work. I thought maybe I would do better starting off at craft fayres on weekends as i work full time during the week. (for now!)
    I am hoping to become an artist full time sometime in the near future as it is my passion and something I would love to make my living at.

I currently paint pop art and I also get commissioned to paint scarface quite a lot??!

I look forward to speaking to you all soon!

Luci

Hi Luci! I really hope you can make it as an artist full time, it would be so lovely to give up the rat race and concentrate on what you love! You can show off your work here in the gallery if you want to. Lots of advice and friendly people here too - enjoy!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Hi Luci

You'll love it here, everyone is great and you can chat about anything. Welcome aboard!
      Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
      Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by katian_krafts View Post
        Hi Luci! I really hope you can make it as an artist full time, it would be so lovely to give up the rat race and concentrate on what you love! You can show off your work here in the gallery if you want to. Lots of advice and friendly people here too - enjoy!
        Thank you for the warm welcome

I hope I can get some info on local craft fayres and how to get stalls etc. I've recently been considering just putting my work in the middle of the town centre and hope the police don't move me!! I really need to get this going!!

Comment

Hi Luci and welcome. Here comes the voice of cynicism - have you got an art degree? I suppose you've already come across the art buying public, but if you 'aint been to college there are thousands out there who have! Art - primarily visual art - is a minefield. I say this because I too have many canvasses to sell, and they can't be ALL rubbish - but they remain in the studio....................other than the lucky ones that made it to the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by littlesnuggler View Post
            Hi Luci

You'll love it here, everyone is great and you can chat about anything. Welcome aboard!
            Hi Helen,

Thank you also for the warm welcome.

Comment

Check the craft fair section of the forum to see if there are any in your area, if not post a thread asking if anyone knows of any. You could also try looking on www.craft-fair.co.uk in the diary or event section (can't remember which - sorry!!!).
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
                Hi Luci and welcome. Here comes the voice of cynicism - have you got an art degree? I suppose you've already come across the art buying public, but if you 'aint been to college there are thousands out there who have! Art - primarily visual art - is a minefield. I say this because I too have many canvasses to sell, and they can't be ALL rubbish - but they remain in the studio....................other than the lucky ones that made it to the tip!
                I have!!

I studied in staffordshire for 5 years.

I am hoping in the future to get a studio of my own to work from. But I know I have to crawl before I can walk!

gutted to hear about the paintings going to the tip btw. Have you not tried ebay?

Comment

I live in Staffs!!!
                  Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

*Have you not tried ebay?*

WHAT????!!!!!!.................eerrrrrrrr......... ...no. One has one's integrity you know! What do you paint? Mine are mostly 4ft abex stuff with the odd watercolour if I need a rest!

edit. sorry - just reread your first post. Pop art. got it!

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
                      *Have you not tried ebay?*

WHAT????!!!!!!.................eerrrrrrrr......... ...no. One has one's integrity you know! What do you paint? Mine are mostly 4ft abex stuff with the odd watercolour if I need a rest!

edit. sorry - just reread your first post. Pop art. got it!
                      Theres no need to be nasty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by katian_krafts View Post
                        I live in Staffs!!!
                        Groovy

You can help me look for local craft fayres then??

Comment

Hello

Good evening & Welcome to the Forum!

I'm sure Peter wasn't being nasty...that's just not like him at all He's a lovely chap.

Ebay isn't for everybody, I love to buy on eBay but I've stopped selling my crafts as I wasn't making any profit.

Anyway, it's a great forum, enjoy!

Jules
                          Apple Tree Crafts
                          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I am doing one in Pelsall (Walsall) this Sat, then another next Sunday in Great Bridgeford, Stafford. Then in June there's one at Belt Farm (between Cannock and Staffs). Trentham Gardens host a fair once a month but haven't been there before so not sure what it's like. Have a look at the craft-fair site - that has been a really good source for me
                            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
                              Good evening & Welcome to the Forum!

I'm sure Peter wasn't being nasty...that's just not like him at all He's a lovely chap.

Ebay isn't for everybody, I love to buy on eBay but I've stopped selling my crafts as I wasn't making any profit.

Anyway, it's a great forum, enjoy!

Jules
                              I have tried selling on ebay but i seem to suck at the whole seller thing lol. I am much better at buying!!

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and the wise words they may have!!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X