Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Essex

Hi everyone

I found this forum at the beggining of the week and I never knew a craft forum existed, so I am delighted! I have always been a craft lover since I was little and this year decided I would love to make a career of cake making/decorating. I haven't had any lessons yet but I think I am quite good (in a non-big headed way) for not having lessons yet, but when I can do some I will. I am also quite interested in making other things and selling them, but am a little scared to part with my cash incase it doesn't work out. I am interested in jewellery making, cross stitching and anything I can learn craft wise and make some money from. I know it will take time to start out and it will take time to earn money, but even if I end up only earning small amounts in the long run, it will be nice to be running my own little craft business on the side as it would also be like a hobby. I'm hoping some of you nice people could point me in the right direction as to where/when is good to sell or give me some advice.
    Thanks
    Excitable Peacock84

nice to see you here. I have a very sweet tooth and particularly love cake. Look forward to seing your pictures.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Thanks Critchley, I will post some soon. Where is the best place to post them?

Comment

Hi Peacock84 and welcome to the forum from a fellow Essex girl. Can't help re your pictures, haven't figured that out myself yet, but I'm sure someone will help

Comment

Hi Boo

What types of craft do you do?
          Last edited by Peacock84; 29-07-2009, 05:22 PM.

Comment

I know Billericay a little bit, I used to go to a scrapbook crop in an old school building, can't recall what it's called now...
            I do mainly papercrafting, cards, scrapbooking, atcs etc. I used to do cross stitch, and although I've still got lots of materials, charts and kits etc, I haven't picked up a needle for ages
            Since joining this forum though, it's made me want to have a go at candle making, soap making, jewellery.....

Comment

There is an old school which was then a place called Quilters, now is a restaurant.
              I'm looking forward to looking through this forum and learning more things, hopefully I will be able to learn lots from it and learn crafts I haven't tried before.

Comment

Oh, that's jogged my memory...the building that the crop was in is behind and to the left of Quilters. We sometimes went in there for lunch, other times our lunch break was spent in a not too distant craft shop or two

Comment

to the forum!!!
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hiya and

I live in Basildon, just down the road from Billericay. I make scented soy candles and melts. Currently contemplating the possibility of branching out into soaps but I need to do lots of research first.

Hope you'll make yourself at home here. We're mainly a very friendly bunch
                    Ruby xx

Website - Cosy Candles & Aromas
                    Blog - Ruby's Crafty Diary
                    Facebook Page

Comment

to the forum.

Caroline
                      silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
                      bespoke handmade jewellery
                      Silver Jewellery blog
                      Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

from another essex cakey person!!!
                        My Website :http://www.angelcakesessex.co.uk
                        Become a Fan on: Facebook

Comment

Thankyou for all your welcomes, i'm so excited I found this forum I can't believe how many of you posted live near me too.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.
                            Diane
                            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Welcome,

Looks like there is an active crafting going on in Essex . Just joined the forum today .

Comment

Working...
                              X