Mirrror Mosaics - Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrror Mosaics - Help please

Hello Everyone, My name is Lisa and I am interested in learning how to make mirror or picture mosaics. I live in Sudbury, Suffolk and if anyone has any info on classes or courses that may be near me or if anyone has done anything like this and could tell me a bit about it I would be very grateful.

I look forward to speaking to you, thanks

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. Have you tried putting a search in to google to see if there are any courses in your area? Also, try www.craftfair.co.uk as they often list courses.

You could also try your local library for step by step mosaic books?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Hiya, I live in North Essex (Not far from you) and as far as I know there are no courses for mosaicing, I did go to a lady in Kirby who said she was a mosaicist and gave lessons (BE WARNED it is a con, she is an artist but has never been taught to do mosaics she asks for £40 up front and you spend the whole first lesson looking through books and being told what equipment you need-she provides none, after telling you of the one supplier that she knows you place an order which takes 2 weeks to arrive so 4 weeks into the course you still have nothing!)

If you are interested I have three mosaic books which I have "outgrown" which I am looking to sell.
      Diane
      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Katianne View Post
        Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. Have you tried putting a search in to google to see if there are any courses in your area? Also, try www.craftfair.co.uk as they often list courses.

You could also try your local library for step by step mosaic books?

Did you find any of the books that I suggested Katie?
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Yes I did Di - thank you! I have reserved them at my local library along with another craft related book (I'm going to have a go at something else while I'm feeling creative!). Thanks again for the suggestions!
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Katie,

I've just noticed this post. I teach mosaic work in Suffolk but it is Roman mosaics so not quite what you are looking for but I do know of someone in Saffron Walden who has a good reputation. I can't post websites yet so if you are still looking just message me and I'll send you their details.

Lawrence
            Lawrence Payne
            Roman Mosaic Workshops
            Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
            X