Hello :) help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello :) help!

Hello I'm new to all this,found the site through google and joined up on saturday
    I'm Ellen,i'm 18 years old and have nearly finished college where i have been studying fine art,which i have thouroughly enjoyed.. However i have always had a passion for all kinds of jewellery and an interest in silversmithing,lampworking ect
    I am currently looking for an apprenticeship under a jewellery designer or silversmith or a job within a jewellery/bead shop or studio.I am eager to learn and be taught and also willing to do part time college courses ect for me to progress further. However if any other apprentice positions were available in another field please let me know,as i love drawing designing and everything else creative and i am ready for a new challenge
    I am based in Ormskirk,which means i can travel to surrounding areas such as wigan,southport,and liverpool and preston.

If you could offer me any help,advice or give me a chance i would appreciate it extremly Thank you very much

Ellen
    Last edited by Ellen2191; 20-04-2009, 02:43 PM. Reason: change of heart

Nice to see you here. Jewelery is not my thing but you will get lots of help and advice here so hang about.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi

This link may help

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...334#post210334

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi and I've just left a reply on your other post that Jane linked to above.

Good luck!
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Hi there are welcome to the forum. I found your post very difficult to read because of the red font and being centred - not very user friendly. Sure you will get lots of help on here.
          Cynthia
          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Hello and welcome, I cant help with jewellery making questions I'm afraid, but there are plenty on here who will be able to assist.

Diane
            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the site.

http://www.louladesigns.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!

View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hello & !
                  Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Comment

Thank you for all your warm welcomes

Ellen

xx

Comment

Hello Ellen and to the forum.

Jo x
                      Things to make and do
                      Things to make and do's Facebook page
                      Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Hi Ellen, have you tried your local crafts council? In Cornwall we have Cornwall Crafts Association of which I'm a member. They have a huge mix of arts and crafts members. I think most counties have something like this. Perhaps you could get hold of yours and they could post a message to their members. There are organisations like RIO, Creative Skills etc though I'm not sure which ones are just Cornish based. If you do a google search for jewellers associations you might be able to get some good contacts to email and ask. Might take a lot of effort and few rejections (or just plain ignored) but you only need one to say yes!

Good luck!

Lucy xx
                        Lucy

www.lucykempjewellery.co.uk
                        http://lucykempjewellery.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                        X