Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

Not sure where to start, my name is Donna, I am married with 5 children. Im a PA/Secretary, hubby works within Internet Security for a top company out there. On a good point, Ive come out of hubby's input with now knowing how to do website designing :-)

Until recently I used to breed and show rabbits, have done this since 1989, however have decided that enough is enough and now its time to follow my dreams - Pottery !

I used to run a rabbit forum and was admin within the forum, so I know the job that Admin and Moderators have to do on here, good luck to you guys, and keep up the good work !

Ive just started the research for the pottery, am right at the beginning and have to admit, I know nothing :-( Anyhow, Im here for any tips in which you can give me.

Intend to start college on an evening course to expand my skills. Any tips on books I should purchase ? Was also looking at wheels and kilns. There is a top loader chrome kiln which looks good to me, although the wheels ! Where do I start, I looked for some second hand ones to get me going, but no one is selling any. So, I will have to go for a new one, there are so many to pick from so would love some idea's please.

Will look forward to getting to know many of you soon, and am here to take on any advice that you may have.

Donna x

Hi Donna - welcome, may I be the first to say that I know nothing about making pottery! It's something I would have liked to have done, but the paintbrush got to me first. I looked at kilns with a view to silverwork, and the price put me onto wirework! I hate to say it, but e bay seems to be the best bet. Good luck!
    Last edited by Peter; 21-12-2006, 02:04 PM.

Comment

HI DONNA
      Mollymandy

Comment

Hi Donna,

Welcome to the forum!

Fiona
        Silver Ruby - Colourful Contemporary Jewellery
        www.silverruby.com

Comment

Hi Peter

I did try ebay, only found brand new ones, then went on to search my own and found cheaper and better that way, through google. So, will have to just keep my eyes open, or save that little extra and get brand new.

I know what you mean about the paintbrush, my dad loves to paint too. He has put claims onto some of my future work, and wants to have a go at artwork on plates etc !

MollyMandy & Fiona, Many thanks for the welcome.

Donna x

Comment

merry xmas donna
            Mollymandy

Comment

Working...
            X