Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone...New on here..

Helloooo,

Im wanting to ask some advice, Id like to start making the wooden hanging plaques that you can buy for token wedding gifts, christening gifts etc etc, Id really like to give it a go but dont know where to buy the supplies, places like hobbycraft are always really expensive and to be honest not that brilliant from experience of using them before.

Ive found a site with the wooden plaques in all shapes sizes etc, but what paint do I use, what do I use to put it on etc...

Any advice anyone could give me would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Lizi x

Hi Lizi

I am sorry I can't help you, but I am sure someone who can will come along soon.

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks Jane for a lovely welcome x

Comment

hello and welcome.

Someone has asked this before, can't recall what the thread was called. Sorry

If you don't like Hobbycraft, have you a small craft shop near by?, they are usually more helpful and will be able to suggest paints, brushes, varnishes etc for your needs. I think you will find that what you use is going to be down to personal choice, what works for one person isn't going to be as good for another (where brushes are concerned for example as there are many on the market)
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Hi there

Sorry can't help with any advice but anyway.
          Clare
          Dorett Events
          cdo[email protected]

Comment

Hello & to the forum, glad you found us
            Sarah

Comment

to the forum. I can't help you with your query, it's not in my crafty field... someone should be able to help though!
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

nice to see you
                Carol
                God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hello Lizi and to the forum

Comment

Thanks everyone for your lovely welcomes!

I think I shall take a look in Hobbycraft just to see if they have the sort of things Im thinking of and then take it from there once I know what sort of bits to use..

Thanks again all,

Lizi x

Comment

Working...
                    X