Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hi, I'm Karen and I just found my way to this site whilst looking for more information on PMC (Precious Metal Clay). I saw this being used at the NEC Birmingham Hobbycraft Fair on Sunday and I am hooked! I hope to get along to some classes in Bath soon and will let you know how I get on. I did by a kit and had a go so now I need to get hold of some more clay to start creating some of my own ideas.

I have crafted for as long as I can remember - from sewing dresses from my teddy bears when I was a child to the scrapbooking and stamping that I do now. I have had to stop cross stitch and gold work because I have carpal tunnel syndrome which means I can't hold the needles for very long, and also because every time I get them out my daughter wants to have a go as well and I end up helping her more than I get of my own done! It's lovely to have a child that wants to know how to do these things, but sometimes I would love to be able to get on with some of them.

Great to have found the site and looking forward to seeing what others are doing!

Karen

Hello and welcome to the forum. There are lots of people on here that use pmc so I am sure you should find some help and inspiration from them

Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Hi &
      www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

Hello & to the forum Glad you found us.
        Sarah

Comment

Welcome

Hope you enjoy the forum!
          Chris W.
          x
          Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

hiya,
            to the forum,
            emma

blog http://enfysangel.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Karen and welcome to the forum. I too have carpal tunnel syndrome, but have found wearing hand splints at night has helped enormously. Hope you enoy taking part in the forum.
              Last edited by Ifor-Jones; 17-03-2009, 06:33 PM. Reason: typing
              Cynthia
              http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Hi

Pleased to meet you

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

hope you enjoy it here!
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                  X