Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Girl!

Hi

I have just joined this forum, it looks fab!!

Am after some help really! I have just inheritd an old suitcase(paddington bear style) and have discovered the inside is a grubby orange colour. I have just bought some gorgeous vintage fabric to reline it.

Can anyone give me some advice how to reline it so as to acheive a nice neat finish ? Also would I need to put a layer of plain fabric on first?? as my vintage fabric is quit pale, so abit worried the orange will show through!

And last but not least, what adhesive do I use??

Would appriate all your help

Liz.

dont know how to help you Liz as im a jewellery gal but welcome to the forum and im sure someone will be along soon who can help.

Jill
    xx
    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

aboard! If you don't get any answers to your query, you may need to post a separate thread in the relevant section of the Forum as this thread is in the "Introduce Yourself" section. A new thread with a good title will definitely attract the attention of many crafters on here who would be able to advise you. Feel free to ask any of us mods for advice at any time (our names are in green so we are easy to spot!)

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

Hello Liz and to the forum

With the relining I would take out the existing lining and cut a pattern from that, stitching the sides and using an adhesive to adhere to the suitcase.

Comment

Hello and welcome. Hope you enjoy your time on the forum.
          Cynthia
          http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Sorry I have no idea what you should do with your case problem but wanted to say hello and welcome anyway
            Diane
            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Hi

I am afraid I can't help either, just wanted to say pleased to meet you

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi & to the forum
                Sarah

Comment

Hi
                  to the forum I am sure someone in your spe******m(sorry I too am a jewellery person) will be around soon to help you out.
                  Once again welcome
                  Jacki
                  ***I can't promise you the MOON, but I can promise SPARKLE.***

http://wiganscraftyfriends.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

how do i start a new post

Comment

You need to go to the relevant section of the forum and click on the New Thread icon at the top left hand corner of the forum page.

So for example, when someone wants to post a message in the Introduce yourself to the Craft Forum, they would click on the link to that Forum. When that section appears, just below the title of the Forum is that button that says 'New Thread'. Click there and it'll take you to the page to enter your title and text.

HTH and that I haven't stepped on anyone's toes as a newbie!!

Karen

Comment

nice to see you.
                        Carol
                        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Our forum is fab. I can't help you with fabrics.
                          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                          X