Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Ok so I am a 21 year old female living in a small village in Lincolnshire.

I really want to find a place where I can go to enjoy my crafting with others, preferably to a simmilar age as me.

The clubs and groups in my village tend to be for the older generation or for children.

I no longer have internet at home and wont be getting it for a very long time, but it looks as though the only place I can meet like minded people would be here.

I was wondering if any of you had started up your own groups or clubs? If so would you have any advice on how I could do the same?

Sorry for such a long post, thanks to all who reply.
    *~* My life is a little mystery that I am still trying to solve*~*

http://lil-miss-tree.blogspot.com/

Hi

Pleased to meet you

We are all ages here, but that is no barrier to us enjoying our crafts

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Oh I understand about all ages enjoying it, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I've just learnt how to knit and when people know I am knitting they laugh at me because of my age.

Most of the people I know are a lot older than me and just want to go out drinking, where as I'd rather stay in and craft.

So this is why I am hoping to meet people my age so I don't feel such an odd ball lol.

Comment

I don't fit your age or location requirements but everyone is very friendly on here. I felt isolated as none of my friends craft and found so many lovely people to chat to here. I am sure you will have fun too.
        Terry xxx
        You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
        Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know lots of nice people on here from all over the place in different shapes, sizes and ages lol.

My original post was more for setting up something in my area to be able to meet like minded people.

I'm a member on another forum that is full of lovely people that are mostly a lot older than me and I love chatting to them.

I guess I'd just like some friends in real life as well as on here

Comment

Yeah I feel the same, none of my friends are into crafting either (I'm 26). I've been trying to find a craft group locally (Vale of Glamorgan), but no joy yet. This forum is filling the void for me a bit though, I've found out a few tips and there's loads of inspiration. Let us know how you get on if you do set up a group, might think of doing the same myself eventually.

C:-)x

Comment

to the Forum, there's a massive range of people on here from all walks of life, ages, etc. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Si.
              Wood Tattoos
              Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

Hello & Glad you found us
                Sarah

Comment

sorry forgot to say hello and welcome!!

C:-)x

Comment

roobarb - I used to live in the Vale of Glamorgan!

Comment

I love your name by the way, really clever
                      Sarah

Comment

thank you, it's a bit of a long story how i chose it but it fits lol

Comment

Hello and welcome from me too.

I completely understand the reaction you get to knitting, I still get this reaction when I go to my local wool shop. If there is a customer in there at the same time as me, they nearly always ask who is doing the knitting for me, when I reply that I do it myself they look at me strangely and very often say "really???"

I laugh because I am 42, have spikey hair, numerous ear peircings and tattoos!!! not what many regard as your typical knitter!!!!!

I'm sure you will find lots of help and advice on this forum and hopefully some people from your own area too.
                          Diane
                          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

It's such a shame that so many people are judgemental. Makes me feel like a right big odd ball.

Comment

to the forum. I think you will have difficulty having a group that just has your age group in it, but you will have to think carefully about location and what time you want to have your crafting group, how long it will last etc... You might find it better to attract people if you can hold a group in a town rather than a village as well as it would have a bigger catchment for people who could get there.

For me I find my weekends pretty full - I work full time in the week so I usually want to either catch up on housey things or just go for a nice day out to get some fresh air! I go tap dancing in the week on an evening, and find it's a great way to meet like minded people. I'm not in your area, but I'd be more inclined to do something on an evening for a couple of hours rather than for a whole day on a weekend.

You are not an oddball, and I have spent my life ignoring most of my peers and doing what I want to do - I'd never have done half the things in my life otherwise!
                              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                              X