Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New! and looking for advice re jewellery parties

Hello

I am new here, I make sterling silver and semi precious gemstone jewellery and am looking for some advice. I have been trying to get booked up for jewellery fayres but am feeling a little disheartened as sooo many are booked already or full up with jewellery.

So I think i may try and push doing some personal jewellery parties instead. I wondered if anyone did this and if so would they mind giving me some advice about methods used etc. I am not the greatest fan of the hard sell (Mainly because I am rubbish at it!) and so would prefer a softer approach but I want to drum up interest and to make it enjoyable too! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, or feedback as to what approach you would prefer when going to one of your friends parties?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Joanna
    Joanna
    Joanna Marie Jewellery

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry can't help with your question as jewellery is not my thing.

I am sure one of our lovely jewellery crafters will be along soon to help you out.

Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Pubs are a good place to start. Approach the landlord(lady) and ask if you can hold one on a night during the week when its normaly quiet. They're usually glad to have something going on to try and tempt customers in on an otherwise rubbish night. They sometimes even provide a few nibbles for refreshments free of charge. Tip - choose an "upmarket" pub.

Make up a few posters/flyers and get them up in the pub and the local area. Offer the pub a percentage of your sales to their favourite charity. Have a raffle - sell tickets and give a piece of your jewellery as the prize. Take along your order book and have fun.
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hello Joanna and to the forum. I have done parties in the past and am starting up Pamper & Shop parties this year. Like you I do not like hard sell but have always found that the product sells itself, if you make quality and package well along with presentation you should have no worries.

I do a gift for the hostess for booking the party, usually something small, then 20 % of total sales in goods. You could also do a scale, whereas if 2 other bookings within say 3 weeks, they get an extra 5%.

when you do the party just give a small talk about yourself and how you ended up making jewellery, show some samples you particularly like and let them know that you will make up as required, if this is the case.

Just an idea test your display etc at home first, even jot some ideas down, so that when you get to the event you can be confident in the way things are going to look. Relax and Enjoy.

Comment

Thanks for your tips!

hello

Thanks for your replies and tips, I had never thought about pubs before, I may give that a try.

Also thanks Caroline for the advice about how to do the jewellery parties. I was thinking doing something like you suggested so that has given me the confidence that what I am thinking makes sense! Sometimes just hearing that someone else would do something in a similar manner reassures me to give it a go! So thank you

I am really pleased that I have found this website as has helped me find out lots of things. Still loads of questions but will spread them out a bit i think!!!

Thanks

Jo
          Joanna
          Joanna Marie Jewellery

Comment

Hi..I've done a few parties local pubs and friends houses. did quite well at both, dont have time now fully booked for fairs this year. I used to do games at my friends parties, bingo with the prize a bag charm / key ring. always made tripple the selling price of the item i used and a raffle, if you have a piece that hasnt sold use it as a raffle prize again it raises enough to cover full selling price of the item. depending on how many customers you have and how much you sell tickets for,

dont give up on the fairs tho it has taken me 2 years to get in there first. and I do get repeat business from the ones i do regularly now.
            Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

ooh yes, like the raffle and bingo ideas! Did you mean that you charge for buying a bingo card as you said that you made triple the price of the bag charm you used for it?

Thanks for all your great ideas!

Jo
              Joanna
              Joanna Marie Jewellery

Comment

Great ideas!

As a newbie to the forum, I was really glad to stumble accross this, as I was thinking of something very similar and unsure of where to start- would never have thought of a pub but what a great idea!
                For Handmade Swarovski crystal and beaded jewellery - visit emroyjewels.co.uk!

Comment

Hi Emma

Hi Emma

Good to see another newbie! Had a look at your website - nice! particularly liked the black pearl double strand bracelet - very versatile! Do you mind if I ask how you got your website done? I want to start one but not really sure where to start - got my domain reserved and thats it!

Thanks
                  Jo
                  Joanna
                  Joanna Marie Jewellery

Comment

Hi & to the forum!
                    Sarah

Comment

Working...
                    X