Trying to decide on business name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to decide on business name

Hello there! I'm new, I make jewellery and gift cards, up until now it's been a good hobby but I'm really looking to expand.

Only thing is I'm stuck trying to think of a company name. Where did you get your inspiration from?

Have just decided on mine Fern River Jewels have named it after my children's middle names.
    my blog: http://debsjeans.blogspot.com/

Facebookhttp://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...ls/48962246861

my misi.me http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=879

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The inspiration for my name came as follows:

Moonbeam - because my name is Diane and when I looked up the meaning it said Goddess of the Moon and Woodlands.

Angel - because I have a real fascination with angels and fairies (think I inherited this from my aunt)

My Misi name obviously follows this, being Moonbeam Mosaics (that's what I make)

No great science by me I'm afraid
      Diane
      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Thanks - it is interesting to say the thought behind the names!

I've been thinking about a few ideas, but just can't decide...

arrgggghhh!

Comment

What are the ideas you have had? Maybe if you gave us an idea of what you would like to incorporate into your name we could play around with it for you?

Some of the people on here have fab names for their businesses (moonbeam angel included!) so hopefully they could throw some of their creativity your way!

Comment

Mine isn't very imaginative, I love baking and would probably rather eat cake than anything else. I also thought that beads and jewellery on people are rather like the sprinkles and icing on cakes. I didn't want to use my name as I think it sounds more like a recruitment agency than anything handcrafted.

Now Debs has got me thinking though, I like my kids middle names too, in fact I used them for my ebay seller ID... hmmm back to the drawing board....
            Elinor
            x

My Misi page
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Stuff I've been mulling over has been including my name Zoe in the business name, or my grandmothers which was Olive...I really want something modern etc.

Made by Zoe, Olive Designs....?

Comment

Zoe is a great name, if you like it, use it.
                Elinor
                x

My Misi page
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Thanks - very flattered that you think my name is a great name!

Comment

I do, I think it's a very strong name but also soft and flowing. Not clunky like Elinor!
                    Elinor
                    x

My Misi page
                    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Aw but I like Elinor (especially your spelling) for some reason it reminds me of King Arthur and mediavel maidens and flowing dresses and Shakespeare (oh dear I think I need a sleep!!!) Well better than being called DI!
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I used the Welsh for my nickname at secondary school (Primrose).
                        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                        website
                        blog

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                          I do, I think it's a very strong name but also soft and flowing. Not clunky like Elinor!
                          Elinor's not clunky! It's the most beautiful name in the world. Just ask my five year old (named Elinor).

And it's lovely to see someone else with the Swedish spelling.
                          george
                          www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                          www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                          www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                            You want to be stuck with a really girlie feminine name like Terry and it's not even short for anything, just Terry - what was my dad thinking???

Zoe is Greek for Life - perhaps you could take an aspect of Life?
                            Also saw a derivative of Zoe is Zoya which on it's own sounds fab but feel free to ignore me
                            Terry xxx
                            You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                            Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
                              Aw but I like Elinor (especially your spelling) for some reason it reminds me of King Arthur and mediavel maidens and flowing dresses and Shakespeare (oh dear I think I need a sleep!!!) Well better than being called DI!
                              Ooh thank you, I like that medieval imagery, I like chain maille too, hmmm. Lady Elinor (hmm maybe not, makes me think of that Lindisfarne song )

Originally posted by mizgeorge View Post
                              Elinor's not clunky! It's the most beautiful name in the world. Just ask my five year old (named Elinor).

And it's lovely to see someone else with the Swedish spelling.
                              I've never quite felt like I fit my name somehow. I'm sure your little girl will do a much better job than me I also didn't know it was the Swedish spelling. I know it is in Jane Austin (Sense & Sensibility) and it's also the Welsh spelling, but I'm not Welsh in any way.

Originally posted by Aviya Glass View Post
                              You want to be stuck with a really girlie feminine name like Terry and it's not even short for anything, just Terry - what was my dad thinking???
                              Oh no! Were you named after anyone? A girl in my class at school had the middle name Howard because her parents had chosen that name if they'd had a son. When they had a girl they decided they liked the name so much they'd give it to her anyway. Parents eh?!?!
                              Elinor
                              x

My Misi page
                              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X