Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better late than never

Hello to all you friendly people on the UK Craft Forum

I have just realised that I've been posting for a few days but haven't properly introduced myself.

My name is Elinor and I live in north London with my OH, 2 young children, a dog and 3 gerbils.

I have been making cards for a few years which I really enjoyed but was getting frustrated by how long each project was taking me. I also felt that it is a shame that cards are somewhat a single use craft; when so much effort has gone into handmaking a thing for it to be on display for a couple of days and then put in a drawer to gather dust.

So recently I have started to make jewellery which I am really enjoying. I am still very much a beginner and am learning loads as I go, largely from my mistakes, but also from the great folks on the forum. I am loving doing things with beads and wire and find it far more rewarding than the card making. I also hope that other people like it and I that eventually I can sell some of it, otherwise I will drown in a sea of beads and bracelets and won't be able to get out of my house.

I also enjoy knitting and baking (hence cupcake) Whilst my baking tends to be more homely than sugar frosted, my jewellery is definitely frivolous and sparkly. My main bugbear at the moment is that I am not very good at photographing my stuff, something that needs some work.

Anyway that's me. Thanks to all of you who've already said hello and welcomed me in the jewellery and beads sections, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Elinor
    x
    Elinor
    x

My Misi page
    Follow me on Twitter

Hello and
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

to the forum.

I'm looking forward to seeing your work!

Cx

Comment

Hello & from me too
        Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Hi Elinor, to the forum, as you've already discovered it's a great place.

I'm a cardmaker like you & have just started making jewellery, my work is very basic at the moment, but I'm learning all the time & love working with beads (apart from that sound of beads hitting the wooden floor!).

Look forward to seeing some of your work
          x
          "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
          Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Hi aboard from me too. xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

Hey there Elinor - from us too !

As you've already found out they are a wonderful, quirky, funny and warm bunch of people here (am not including myself here, as I'm definately a grump !)

Anyway, welcome again and see you around
              With love,
              Daisy & Me
              x

Our MISI Shop www.daisyandme.misi.me.uk
              Our email address [email protected]

Comment

Hello and
                My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
                http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello Elinor and

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your lovely welcomes, this is such a friendly forum

Originally posted by Autumn Faerie View Post

I'm a cardmaker like you & have just started making jewellery, my work is very basic at the moment, but I'm learning all the time & love working with beads (apart from that sound of beads hitting the wooden floor!).
                    It sounds like we're in a similar place. I find the jewellery thing far more addictive than the cards though, are you finding that?

I'm also with you on the beads hitting the floor, that drives me bonkers as I'm fairly clumsy at the best of times and am always dropping things. My grandpa was a traditional Hatton Garden jeweller, and he had a workbench with a big leather apron thing (don't know what it's called) suspended underneath it which caught all the bits he dropped. I always thought it was rather funny when I was a child but now I'm thinking I neeeeed one of those!

I have put a few (not very good) photos of some of my stuff in an album on here if anyone wants to have a look.

E
                    x
                    Elinor
                    x

My Misi page
                    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

hello Elinor, I have just had a peek at your jewellery...wow! its fantastic, I love the way you display on that scale stand(?) and I adore the bracelet next to that pic! gorgeous!!
                      look forward to seeing more of your work.

I can remember welcoming you a while back, but hey all over again!
                      Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by autumn rose View Post
                        I have just had a peek at your jewellery...wow! its fantastic
                        Thank you so much, that really means a lot. Not many people have seen my stuff yet, apart from family and one close friend who raves about it, but she is a really good friend so she would. It's great getting feedback from people who don't know me and who are also crafty people. I welcome critical feedback as well as positive, as there's always room for improvement.

E
                        x
                        Elinor
                        x

My Misi page
                        Follow me on Twitter

Comment

hello and welcome

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

your jewellery looks lovely! you can't tell you're a beginner
                            ooh and welcome to the forum!!

Comment

Working...
                            X