Bead stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bead stall

Hi everyone, I would like to have a small bead stall in the local market, selling beads and findings and to do simple repairs, like attaching new clasps and mending chains etc. I was wondering where is the best place to get the beads at wholesale price? Is there a large bead wholesalers/warehouse in the UK or is China the best market? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Kitty11
    http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/album.php?u=14964

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittyx11/

Hello and welcome! Can't help with your question I'm afraid, but I wish there was a stall like that near me! Where are you planning to set up?
    www.CeeGeeJewellery.com Handcrafted Sterling Silver Jewellery
    www.EvaBeanBeads.etsy.com Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads
    Etsy - Folksy - BLOG

Do you Twitter? Follow us!
    Find us on Facebook! Add to your profile for news and freebies...

Comment

Hello and
      MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Hello and to the forum. Sorry, beads ain't my thing.

Jo x
        Things to make and do
        Things to make and do's Facebook page
        Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Well, personally, I buy beads from all over the world..... ebay is a good place to start I suppose but you soon get to know the best prices. I don't know where I would be without the internet!

I too would love to sell beads but there are so many people doing it, I don't think it would be worthwhile. I would advise putting a lot of thought into starting any small business just now, good luck with it though.
          www.beadlab.com

Comment

You would probably need a lot of stock for a market stall as beads don't take up much room, which would be quite a large sum of money up front.
            Have you done much research about the area? Are there any bead shops locally? and are people interested in beads where the market is held?

Melanie

Comment

Hiya.

I'll be watching this thread too as I want to do something similar...I want to open a craft and coffee shop - a place that sells gorgeous cakes and coffees, has a bead and craft section and also sells handmade crafts by all different people. My OH wants me to write a business plan to think about it seriously so I really need to get an idea of how much I can get beads for to sell and also to make my own jewellery to sell there!

Comment

Hiya..AS Pebbles has said ebay is a good place to start. I just got fantastic discount by asking if they do discount for bulk buying. I've got nearly 35% off and no p&p .

I too wish you good luck.
                Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Working...
                X