Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from me

Hi there,
    I am startting up a new card craft/scrapbooking shop for my crafty wife and have joined here in hope of getting some insight into what makes you guys tick!

Hopefully you all can give me some insight into what you all look for in a craft web site and help us make a worhty and useful site for craft resources.

Speak to you soon!
    Steven
    Terry Pratchett quotes:
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”
    “It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living.”
    “In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”
    Craftables online craft shop
    Craftables online craft forum

Hello to you and your wife.We will do our best to help.
    If you could sell lucite flowers, small vials/bottles and pewter 3d charms (all things I cant find)all for free, that would be fab( haha).

What do you have in mind at the mo?
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SteveG View Post

Hopefully you all can give me some insight into what you all look for in a craft web site and help us make a worhty and useful site for craft resources.
      First welcome to the forum (both of you )

oky.. what the reason for the site..

Are you trying to sell off it ?
      Is it a profit making site.. ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Hehe I was gonna leave all this to a dedicated topic - but then found I couldnt make an external link until I have full contributed to the forum - Although I just updated my profile to include a link to you can check out where we are up via that.

The shops up and runnin and we are getting alot of hits and browsers but not a lot of buyers. A particular problem we have to solve is why so many people seem to fill up their basket with goodies and go to their basket to buy but never follow through!

I have added bits and bobs that people have asked for and suggested like forum, wishlist, album, tricks and tips etc. but so far we are still looking for something pretty unique or desirable (Arnt we all).

I am tempted to try to produce a link system so shopkeepers can add their shops and people can search for craft suppliers in their specific area.

Our primary reason for the site is to sell crafts (mainly the crafts Helen does so card craft at the moment) and so hopfully Helen can continue her hobby into an enjoyable career!

The extras like the forum are mainly to backup the shop, offer support and advice and help.

I look forward to your feedback.
        Steven
        Terry Pratchett quotes:
        “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”
        “It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living.”

Comment

Hi

I had a look at your site.
          Im a charms gal so I went there first.The price of charms have shot up recently, much to my annoyance.
          You have a great selection but I noticed they are quite expensive.I can get a very similar mouse charm to the ones you sell for 60p each.

Comment

Righto,
            Thanks for your feedback. Ill pass that on to Helen - shes in charge of the content, I am simply the geeky slave.

Looking at the prices you seem to be on a great deal with your current supplier! Maybe Helen needs to find ourselves a better supplier for our charms

Thanks again
            Terry Pratchett quotes:

Comment

Well, the prices do seem to be going up in lots of places.
              In general they used to be a nice round 50p but now the same charms are going up to 90p or £1.00 which is very off putting.
              eg your 2 mice were £1.99(if i recall correctly) so thats a pound each,so id get them from my 60p supplier.Sorry.Then again Im a scrooge when it comes to money.

You do have some Ive not seen before so I may treat myself.
              Im going to have another look.

Comment

okies, just a query
                Do you buy those charms singularly ? If so Helen seems to think ours which are packs of three may be worth the money. Although when I looked at the shop is doesn’t immediately look obvious that ours are triple packs from the image. So that might be something I should look at.
                Terry Pratchett quotes:

Comment

haha, Helens now got some work to do. Seems the descriptions of the charms were not specifying the number you get! Thanks for bringing our attention to this and thankyou more for adding to Helens workload and not mine
                  Terry Pratchett quotes:

Comment

My mistake 2 mice are £1.75.

I apologise to Helen.
                    I noticed they were in packs but that still makes the mice 87p each.
                    I prefer to buy singles as I like to have the freedom of choosing the amount I order.
                    Plus the packs dont always have the right colour.I like pewter/silver colour and I think on your site (this isnt a criticism just an observation)there was a pack of 3 treasure chests, so would i get a mixture or all one colour?!

Comment

I am going to suggest that Helen rewrites the product names and descriptions to avoid this confusion. In the case you have picked up for example does appear to suggest its a single mouse. In the name, image AND description - which is misleading.

Helen says that there are no mixtures of colours but the images she used indicates the colour options that you can buy - this will appear to be a job for me. I will edit the images to only show the colour of that specific product so that instead of a single images showing both product colours we will have 2 individual images. I was tempted to make the images show the number of the charms in the pack too, but I hope that the image will be better showing the charm itself and that the product title and description with define the qty in the pack.

Currently we mostly have pewter charms as these are Helens preference Although in the future as funds provide will will be expanding to include everyones taste in colours.

Thank you very much. With feedback like this we will soon have a slick shop! Now to get editing those images!
                      Terry Pratchett quotes:

Comment

Working...
                      X