Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

After spending hours searching for what i thought would be easy to find info i finally bashed mi head against a brick wall and had a brainwave - come and ask the ladies who will know.

About to launch another business and need some help with this and that - not here to advertise just pick brains.

I make bread if that can be considered crafting oh and i make soap, hand wash, bath salts and all of my own cleaning products but just for me and mine. Would love to make cold process soap but am too scared and tend to buy from beutybybea or top to toe holistics - so i love hand made stuff and craft but bad bad at it myself - i once made some pillow cases

xx

Hi and Nice to see you here. We are a very large mixed bag of crafts so you will be sure to get some answers. Not from me I'm afraid, not my field.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Carol thank you! Which bit isn't your field the bread making or the pillowcase making

See I have to be a nosy hoot now and ask what is your field??

I'd love to have time to sit and do a craft - I made all of my wedding invites and all the stationary and to start off with, i loved it, thought i was brilliant and thank goodness we only had a small wedding because weeks and week later and hours and hours of careful precision work i was so fed up of the damned things i wished that i'd bought them - so to anyone who makes cards - you must have the patience of a saint!

xx

Comment

I always said I was a saint!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the forum. Not made bread for a while, but very satisfactory. What sort of business are you starting up?
        Cynthia
        http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by thatbusinesswomen View Post
          Carol thank you! Which bit isn't your field the bread making or the pillowcase making

See I have to be a nosy hoot now and ask what is your field??

I'd love to have time to sit and do a craft - I made all of my wedding invites and all the stationary and to start off with, i loved it, thought i was brilliant and thank goodness we only had a small wedding because weeks and week later and hours and hours of careful precision work i was so fed up of the damned things i wished that i'd bought them - so to anyone who makes cards - you must have the patience of a saint!

xx
          I craft for familly and friends, mostly in fabric. Quilting is my main craft, I am working my way through the Grandchildren to give them as keepsakes.
          Like everyone else I dabble at this and that, whatever I feel like. I am lucky, being retired my time (In theory) is my own.
          I don't mind you being nosey. I also teach crafts at Age Concern.
          Last edited by Critchley; 25-09-2008, 09:44 PM.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

hi thatbusinesswomen and to the forum...

www.folksy.com/shops/sandrute

Comment

Hello back- thank you!

I'd love to be retired - not long now Oh ok another 20 years I don't do time, I never sem to have any

Hmmm I sort of don't want to say what i do because whilst I can see that i could have my signature at the bottom and have visits and possibly sales, thats not my intention - i do sell online and possibly have a few customers here and the new business will actually be a mixed bag of stuff but promotion of what i think are worthy little home based business run by women and men i suppose would describe a fraction of it, promotion of some well established business and solutions - it is majority a resource. I sort of have to keep it close to my chest cause you never know who's reading .

MY aim is to basically offer small business information and the ability to make it work cause i know how damned hard it is to get a business up and running and the barriers that are put in our way - I already have a blog on the matter and it occured to me that rather than develop the blog, i could start a business and it will never be a huge money maker, thats not my intention, it should tide me over though and hopefully help an awful lot of new business' work.

thats as much as i am giving away - I just need some information at the moment so that i can pass that info on - I can't think of any other group of people that would know what you ladies know and i have gathered some fantastic links on insurance and stuff.

Ever so grateful and lovely ladies too - and i man i think

Comment

Welcome to the forum You will find lots of useful contacts and information here, we are all here to help. I 'retired' this year, not really but had had enough of the rat race at 50. DH is 53 and we both gave up at the same time. My craft is now my full time work and I am loving it, do not know how I ever had time to work, bet everyone says that. Relaxed and enjoying the making now which when working found hard to get motivated. Here's to a good selling Christmas to everyone.

Comment

Hello and to the forum.

Jo x
                  Things to make and do
                  Things to make and do's Facebook page
                  Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Hello and welcome!
                    http://www.aniccajewellery.co.uk
                    http://www.new.facebook.com/profile....ery/6215267978
                    http://www.AniccaJewellery.etsy.com

Comment

After spending hours searching for what i thought would be easy to find info i finally bashed mi head against a brick wall and had a brainwave - come and ask the ladies who will know.
                      I don't even have to say it, do I? You all know what I'm thinking...

Si.
                      Wood Tattoos
                      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                      Facebook
                      Flickr
                      Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                        I don't even have to say it, do I? You all know what I'm thinking...

Si.
                        'We're just two ladies of the village.............acting like ladies..........in ladies clothes...................and stuff..................

Comment

- hello Mistas, gosh this forum has everything dunnit Hope those stilettos are not rubbing today.

WEll, when one digs a hole it might as weel be a deep one

xx

Comment

Peter i just nearly wet myself when reading your "anything else page" it was the own teeth bit

I got to say that you look very much like Richard Gere.

Comment

Peter i just nearly wet myself when reading your "anything else page" it was the own teeth bit

I got to say that you look very much like Richard Gere.
                              With or without hamster?

Comment

Working...
                              X