Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi ya'll... Someone new here... asking for help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi ya'll... Someone new here... asking for help....

HI. I am a newcomer here. Never tried my hand in all this crafts things. My school is going to have this bazaar. I am finding things to sell. Can you teach me how to make Memory Wire Bracelets? Please? Or maybe other things. The memory bracelets made by muddlejewellery are very nice. Anybody willing to teach me how to make memory bracelets like those?

Hello and to the forum. Sorry jewellery making is something I haven't tried yet.

Jo x
    Things to make and do
    Things to make and do's Facebook page
    Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Hi from a jewellery maker! OK so go buy some memory wire in bracelet size (craft shops such as Hobbycraft will have it) and decide how many coils you want to go round the wrist. Cut the wire using strong cutters and then you need some round nose pliers to turn a loop at one end. Thread your beads on to the wire to your liking then turn another loop at the other end and ta da one memory bracelet! Good luck.
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Aww....

Thanks everybody. Can i use curved tube beads on a memory wire bracelet?

Comment

Yes you can use curved beads. You can also get end beads which you apply some bead glue to the end of the memory wire then add the bead, this is easier if you are not used of making loops.
            Take a look at my site where I have some memory bracelets I have used random glass beads as I buy in bulk and they are all different shapes and sizes. They may give you some ideas.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply Another question, if i want to make a hoop at the end, must i use a round nose pliers? Can i substitute it with scissors that have a sharp tip? Like Bonsai Scissors? My mom doesn't want to buy it for me.

Comment

No, to get a professional finish you will need the round nose pliers, it is also easier scissors would scratch the memory wire.

Check out:

http://www.beadsunlimited.co.uk

they have pliers from £3.95 plus P & P.

Comment

thanks again

Thanks!!! I'm forever in your debt....haha Can you teach me how to make a memory wire bracelet like the ones by muddle jewelery?

Comment

Originally posted by jowyn_yap View Post
                    Thanks for your reply Another question, if i want to make a hoop at the end, must i use a round nose pliers? Can i substitute it with scissors that have a sharp tip? Like Bonsai Scissors? My mom doesn't want to buy it for me.
                    I don't think your mom would apreciate you ruining her bonsai scissors. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6VsPePc5mDY
                    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by jowyn_yap View Post
                      Thanks!!! I'm forever in your debt....haha Can you teach me how to make a memory wire bracelet like the ones by muddle jewelery?
                      If you PM Muddlejewellery I'm sure she will give you the advice you need.

Comment

Very pretty bracelets, it looks like one loop of memory wire with the ends in a loop.

Cut one (ps you will need either memory wire cutters or very strong cutters, don't use your Mum's scissors) loop. Bend one end into a loop and add the piece of chain with a bead on a jump ring. Add the beads then bend the last end over. connecting the other end of the chain and again beads.

Comment

umm...

This is to peter, i've already pm her. She didn't tell me anything!!! Just told me to go the the 'something something' section. i forgoten what she told me. She said i can get better advice there. And carollee crafts? Is muddlejewelry's memory bracelet stuck together? Meaning, are the bracelets, like in one whole loop. No hole or anything??

Comment

Look at the youtube link I posted will show you all you need to know.
                            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

What about...

What about the single coil ones? Like muddle Jewelry? Why aren't her memory wire coiling around?

Comment

Working...
                              X