Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and so it begins...

Hi

I'm new. New at making jewellery and new at using a forum. In fact it's just taken me 10 minutes to work out how to 'post' a message!

So I started making things about 3 months ago, and work colleagues/friends have said they're good enough to sell and even taken first dibbs on certain pieces already.

I've seen loads of useful posts/links/threads (I'll never get the hang of this!!) with good advice on through this forum which has already made me feel more confident about holding my first craft fair stall. I'm in York, where stalls seem to be quite expensive to hire and craft fairs few and far between, and currently muddling my way through the whole ''am I really setting up a proper grown up business when I just really would like to go to nice little fairs and sell my lovely necklaces and not have to get involved with tons of paperwork'' situation!

Anyway, get ready for the questions.....i'm on a roll...

Sarah x

Sarah,
    I'm sure you will find lots of friendly helpful advice here. Good luck with the jewellery making and selling. Please post some pics, I'd love to see your work.
    Jo x
    Things to make and do
    Things to make and do's Facebook page
    Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Hi Sarah - welcome to the forum. You will soon get the hang of how everything works and you have already discovered there is lots of interesting and useful info here.
      Cynthia
      http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Welcome

Hi Sarah,

a warm welcome to the furum, Jo is absolutely right the forum is filled with lovely crafters happy to help and advise.

I am sure your peices will be show stoppers, if they are not already.

Tigerlily
        Please visit my craft blog www.craftbugs.blogspot.com

Or for craft supplies visit www.craftbugs.co.uk

Comment

Sarah. You will soon make many friends here.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi and to the forum Sarah and good luck with your first fair.
            by Nicki
            www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

Hi Sarah and

Sara x
              allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

Originally posted by SarahPA View Post
                Hi

I've seen loads of useful posts/links/threads (I'll never get the hang of this!!) with good advice on through this forum which has already made me feel more confident about holding my first craft fair stall. I'm in York, where stalls seem to be quite expensive to hire and craft fairs few and far between, and currently muddling my way through the whole ''am I really setting up a proper grown up business when I just really would like to go to nice little fairs and sell my lovely necklaces and not have to get involved with tons of paperwork'' situation!

Sarah x
                Hi Sarah and welcome. I'm not that far from York and I totally agree about the cost of stall's there, it's such a major pull for tourists etc.
                If you are only looking for little fairs, I'd suggest writing a circular to the local schools in the better areas to ask that they let you know what fairs and events they have coming up.
                Another thing to do is to get local papers and check the events section. They often have contact numbers for the event organisers and although they might be full this year, they are sometimes happy to keep hold of your details for future events. Many events are organised year after year and so yuou can save them and use them to book next years events.
                You should watch out for carefully managed events where the ballance of stalls is not overweight in the jewellery direction. Also watch out for and avoid fairs where bought in products are allowed to be sold.
                Good luck with your search.
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Hi Sarah & from me too
                  Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Hello Sarah and to the forum! As everyone has said it's a friendly place here where you can usually get any question answered.

Starting up a business is hard work and then running it is too (I'm celebrating 2 years in business this week!) but the rewards are worth it and that's not just making money (which is nice!) but the feeling of doing something you love can't be beaten! Good luck
                    Anice xx
                    Funkyhand x
                    my website
                    http://www.funkyhand.com
                    my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                    http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                    Follow me on Twitter
                    http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Hello and welcome
                      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Hello & from me.

Comment

from me as well, I'm sure you will be able to find lots of advice and support here!

Si.
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

Sarah. this forum is and i am sure you will find here answers at all your questions
                            My site

my flickr.com/photos

Comment

Hi Sarah & from me too !

There's tons of info on this forum and tons of helpful people too !

p.s. congrats on your first post - you did it
                              Mel

Comment

Working...
                              X