quirky couples wanted for short film / casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quirky couples wanted for short film / casting

My name is Ehsan I work for a film production company based in London. We've recently been approached by Channel 4 to make four short documentaries for their 'Three minute wonder' slot after the Channel Four news.

The title for the documentary is 'Garage wars' but the subject is not restricted to garages...it's a light hearted portrait documentary celebrating the quirky difference between a couple in a relationship, (highlighted by the cheeky arguments they have over the stuff they've been collecting over the years.)

The films will be a fun portrait of a long term relationship and the couples quirky sides.

I am looking for couples of any age who might have strange collections of stuff, and can see the lighter side to the age old problem of what to keep, and what to chuck out.

I really hope that you see the fun side of what I'm trying to do.

Say what!!!!

Age old problem of what to chuck out - simple - if I say it goes it goes!!! but can I ask what on earth this has to do with a craft forum!!!
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
      Say what!!!!

Age old problem of what to chuck out - simple - if I say it goes it goes!!! but can I ask what on earth this has to do with a craft forum!!!
      Perhaps they are suggesting that crafty people are quirky with garages full of hoarded junk?

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
        Perhaps they are suggesting that crafty people are quirky with garages full of hoarded junk?

Si.
        Well they could have a bit of a point there..................... my car has not been in the garage for years
        for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

I agree my sister had to clear out 22 black bags of knitting wool, material and craft stuff from her loft when they re-did the loft insulation. As she is now blind she can still knit but not sew so my BIL chucked out loads. I didn't even get a chance to see if I needed anything
          I am a terrible hoarder but I can't see my DH on TV though, he doesn't even like having his photo taken.

Melanie

Comment

Why would a crafter throw anything away when:
            • It might come in useful!
            • I could create a _______________ with it! (but probably never will)
            • I might need it!
            • I couldn't ever locate such a wonderful item!
            • I know there's a time when I'll neeeeeeed it. (won't be able to find it then, but hey ho!)
            • That might make a great card topper for if someone I know decides to go to so and so to take an exam in you know and then fails! (don't currently know anyone...)
            • A friend says "I'm going to throw X out if you don't want it" (well it seems a shame to throw such a quality piece of junk out)
            • "it was such a bargain" (Swirly strikes again)
            • My trash is my treasure!
            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
              • I might need it!
              • I know there's a time when I'll neeeeeeed it. (won't be able to find it then, but hey ho!)
              • That might make a great card topper for if someone I know decides to go to so and so to take an exam in you know and then fails! (don't currently know anyone...)
              • A friend says "I'm going to throw X out if you don't want it" (well it seems a shame to throw such a quality piece of junk out)
              here here, well said!!!
              www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

I've got a quirky garage.

Comment

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
                  I agree my sister had to clear out 22 black bags of knitting wool, material and craft stuff from her loft when they re-did the loft insulation. As she is now blind she can still knit but not sew so my BIL chucked out loads. I didn't even get a chance to see if I needed anything
                  I am a terrible hoarder but I can't see my DH on TV though, he doesn't even like having his photo taken.

Melanie

I would have thought that 22 black bags of knitting wool counted as insulation - they did not need anything else!!
                  Cynthia
                  http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

I hadn't thought of them being insulation.!!
                    The standing joke in the family is that she has more wool than the shop.

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                      • I might need it!
                      I made the mistake of throwing some things away in the last big tidy up and then of course a fab idea struck and I didn't have the said items. So from now on I'm not throwing anything away!! So if you hear of a woman in Burnley found in her attic studio underneath mountains of magazines, bits of paper, fabric and more rubbish then that's probably me!
                      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Working...
                      X