I can't even draw the curtains lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't even draw the curtains lol

Hi folks - I must admit I do envy anyone with the skills and artistic ability to create a thing of beauty. I can't even draw the curtains - and the only craft I work with is that of the cheese slice variety.

Having said all of that I do appreciate art and crafts and want to see much more of it on the high street - where it seems to have generally disappeared recently.

I'm actually setting up a brand new arts and craft market in Wickford, Essex and looking for crafters who would like to take up a stall on a daily basis (no long term lock ins) and with stall rental that I hope to make available from £15 per day.

Details still have to be ironed out with the landlord but it looks like it is going to happen in the next month or so.

So anyone in travelling distance of Wickford, Essex (a well to do area and the fastest growing town in Essex) please let me know and I'll forward you the full details when I have them.

Kind Regards
    Wayne
    Arts and Craft positions in Kent, Essex and London
    http://www.shalamarshops.co.uk

aboard, good luck with your venture and I hope you don't 'draw a blank'!!!

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

Nice one woodtattoo

Yes - nice one - but hopefully after I've pottered around the site, weaved my way through the red tape, and chipped away at the landlords initial demands .... hopefully I'll be able to paint the town red!

Yeh I know it's corny.... sorry

On a more serious point though - I can't find many basker weavers on the internet or on here..... is it a dying art? That's not dying as in T-shirts

Cheers
      Wayne

Comment

Far too many crafting puns on here... one of the mods will get the needle eventually...
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

Corny Wallies

whilst others wood turn in their graves.

(I'm quite pleased with that one - even if I say so myself)

Comment

Hiya and
            Trish

Comment

Shalamar; on the message that you have sent to my website you mentioned London too. But I do not see it on your post.

What type of premises you rent out and where exactly? Because on your website there is not enough information either.
              Visit my shop:House of Cherilli
              Celebrity inspired jewellery

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum!
                Crafting with chocolate candy is great, because you can eat your masterpiece in the end!

Comment

Looking at properties in Kent, Essex and London.

Hi Ladyrat, Charlotte and Rachael24 - thanks for joining in on my first thread. This web site is certainly something!

To answer some of the questions raised - I've been looking at properties in London, Essex and Kent for about a month now. In that time I've tied up the new arts and craft market in Wickford, Essex.

I've looked at many properties - most are unsuitable, too expensive or not in the right areas.

I want properties on busy well to do high streets that I can offer positions to crafters on the basis of say £35 max per day. Hopefully I can get prices down to £20 - £30 per day average.

If I can't get prices down to that level then I'm not interested in the property.

I'm in discussions over a couple of properties at the moment and there's another that I checked out on Bromley High Street that I'm very keen on - even if I only manage to get it for a few months.

Basically, I need people to register with me via the web site - so that once I agree a property I can get up and running in a short period of time - because all I have to do is email out the details and then manage the interested replies. Don't forget that registering is free and does not tie you into anything with me - it just means that you can hear first, of properties that come avialable, and decide if you wish to make a daily booking on one of them.

I hope this helps... and please get back to me if you have any more queries Also I'd be interested to know what you'd expect to pay for a daily rate on a busy high street.

Regards

Wayne

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum
                    My blog :
                    www.makateria.blogspot.com

My shop :
                    www.makateria.etsy.com

Comment

Hiya and welcome

Comment

Many thanks folks

Hi Woody1971 and Makateria many thanks for making the effort to say hello. It's much appreciated.

Maketeria - your jewellery is beautiful. I shall bear your site in mind for when it's coming up to my wifes birthday as your items are perfect for her taste.

Woody1971 - thanks - couldn't see any links to see your items but I wish you success and happiness in whatever you do.

Regards
                        Wayne

Comment

Hello & from me too
                          Mel

Comment

Hi Beadsbylilly and thanks for the education

Hello beadsbylilly - I've just had a look through your web site - there's lots of lovely things there isn't there.

And you've added a new word to my vocabulary - Millefiori

I'm not sure if I could ever use it in a game of scrabble - but I'll be doing my best to try to impress the next beadmaker that I come across by dropping that into the conversation somewhere lol.

I take it that you pronounce it as the girls name - Milly - and then the foiri bit? Hey - if I'm wrong.... don't let me know and you can let me make a complete fool of myself when I'm trying to sound so very clever lol.

Thanks again
                            Wayne

Comment

hello and welcome to the forum, i am a papercrafter but do love trying new crafts. this is a very friendly place but quite addictive so be warned.
                              Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X