X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bea
    replied
    Wow!!! Gorgeous beads indeed!

You HAVE to exhibit at bead fairs!!! Follow the steps of Tillerman beads!
    There's a bead fair in Harrogate twice a year where people like you sell their handmade lampwork beads. Saying that, you might already be doing so!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!!!

Bea

Leave a comment:

• beadhead
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words. I've been lampworking for nearly 2 years now. I would say that it takes on average 10 minutes a bead to make but obviously that can vary hugely depending on what your decoration is. Sometimes I have to make special canes beforehand which are used for flowers and leaves. Usually I use stringers to apply the dots and details - these are very thin canes of glass which also have to be pulled beforehand. If it's a big focal bead, they usually take about 20 minutes or so. Very simple beads which are rolled in frit can be made in about 3 minutes (I timed it the other day!) if they behave themselves and round up properly.

Rachel

Leave a comment:

• Craft Cellar
    replied
    Agree they are gorgeous beads. How long do they take to make?

Leave a comment:

• Fran
    replied
    Hi and welcome,

Just had a wee nosey at your website and I completely agree with the others.....the beads are wonderful. How long have you been making the lampwork?

Leave a comment:

• beadsbydesign
    replied
    hi and welcome to the forum. Your beads are lovely. I have an ambition one day to get a torch and kiln, but until then I just drool at other peoples!!

Leave a comment:

• Seahorse
    replied
    Its totally worth it to produce beads like that!!

Leave a comment:

• beadhead
    replied
    Thanks Seahorse. Yes I make those beads - it's very time consuming but I'm addicted!

Rachel

Leave a comment:

• Seahorse
    replied
    You make those beads!!!!
    My goodness, they are like nothing Ive ever seen before, the detail is amazing!!

Leave a comment:

• 0103media
    replied
    Hi and welcome to the forums..

Leave a comment:

• beadhead
    started a topic Hi from beadhead

Hi from beadhead

Hi there

I've just found this site - I thought I'd just introduce myself. My name's Rachel and I'm a beadhead (according to my family)!

I make lampwork glass beads mainly but I also make jewellery. I've been selling on Ebay for 3 years now but to be honest it's getting harder to make any money on there. I sell mostly through my website now.

Look forward to speaking to other 'crafty' people
    Rachel
Working...
X